1.    #1  
    Damn. I got eudora all set up so it receives my sprintpcs email. Then at the web site logged on, went to email, settings and preferences, Notification, and Notification by PCS Phone. There I checked "all messages" so that I would get sent an sms message whenever I get an email. Well, it's not working. I'm not receiving sms messages.

UPDATE:I have recieved only 1 notification for an email but ive sent like 10 at different time as a test. Is it really this sporatic?

Anyone got help for me?

Other notes:

I know sms is set up because I've sent myself some and got them.

I know I checked "all messages" under "notification by PCS phone" because when I go to the website it shows it as checked.

I want robust email that wil send me sms messages when I get a new email. Where should I go next?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I'm afraid Sprint has been known to be somewhat .. um .. unreliable. I have Sprint too and all too often I cannot get my email OR any sms alerts. I use Yahoo email. It performs beautifully for me and I always get my sms alerts ... plus what I like about Yahoo is that I can see who the email is from. With Sprint you simply get the "check your PCS mail!" So ... I would recommend you try Yahoo.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Llynx
    I'm afraid Sprint has been known to be somewhat .. um .. unreliable. I have Sprint too and all too often I cannot get my email OR any sms alerts. I use Yahoo email. It performs beautifully for me and I always get my sms alerts ... plus what I like about Yahoo is that I can see who the email is from. With Sprint you simply get the "check your PCS mail!" So ... I would recommend you try Yahoo.
    OK. That sound more like it. I'll try that right now. Got a link? advice?

btw- what is the pop sever and smtp so I can set it up in eudora once I set up my yahoo mail?

btw- this says I'd need "mail plus" for pop access. Is that right? What have you got?

http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/help

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Well, I've gotten SMS notices about all the various email (read: spam) that has appeared in my Sprint mailbox. It's hit every one that has come in since I turned that option on.

I've never given the address out to anyone, used it anywhere, or anything, yet I somehow still end up getting spam there somehow. Oh well.. I use Mailer and my normal domain email account anyway.

- Mike
    Originally posted by mikev

I've never given the address out to anyone, used it anywhere, or anything, yet I somehow still end up getting spam there somehow. Oh well.
    Spammers often just guess names. So if your address is MikeV@sprint.com you will most likely be spammed. Same for Mike, MikeA, MikeB, etc.