1.    #1  
    New User Name=Lost Registrations!

Saving the gory details for another post, yesterday I concluded rightly or wrongly to create a new user name because I couldnít seem to get a non-corrupted restore after a massive lockup and hard reset.

Only problem is that I have many many bought and paid for palm applications which now have reverted to demo mode because they donít recognize my user name, even though I could re-enter all the passwords which I kept recorded elsewhere on my computer.

Short of writing and begging all these companies and hoping they are all still in business and have not changed their email addresses and are willing to write back promptly,. is there any faster and easier way to get back to my old user name and setup without getting stuck again with a massive treo lockup?

Hoping for some helpful advice,

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    Yes. Backup your original user name's directory. Go to palm desktop and delete your original username (Tools -> Users). Make sure that the associated directory is deleted, otherwise, delete it yourself. Then recreate that username.
    Or look for freeware called "hackme". It allows you to set a different username for each program. Very useful in your predicament.
    Or you can do like "003oret" does and just get all the cracked warez versions of software and not have to worry about licensed versions with passwords!!!!!!
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Or you can do like "003oret" does and just get all the cracked warez versions of software and not have to worry about licensed versions with passwords!!!!!!
    Yep!
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by silverado
    Yes. Backup your original user name's directory. Go to palm desktop and delete your original username (Tools -> Users). Make sure that the associated directory is deleted, otherwise, delete it yourself. Then recreate that username.

Then recreate that username.

Which user name???

I want to go back to my original user name!

Not only because of the software reg#s problem, but also because I have all sorts of external scripts which move data on my computers in and out of Palm Desktop so that it can be conduited to my treo, and all these scripts look for my original user name.

Please advise further.

Regards,

NateS
    Originally posted by NateS

Then recreate that username.

Which user name???
    The original user name. If it's Nate, the backup that folder. Go into Palm Desktop, delete the Nate user. Then create a new user and call it Nate.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Appleman

The original user name. If it's Nate, the backup that folder. Go into Palm Desktop, delete the Nate user. Then create a new user and call it Nate.
    '
    Thank you.
    I was successful.
    My Treo is now working with all paid apps.
    However, now I am getting frequent crashes of
    Fatal alert MemoryMgr.c.Line 4359, Free handle, which the HS website says is due to a RecoEchoPlus problem, but I deleted RE+ and still get the same error message with frequent crashes.

Of course, it is an improvement over the total total lockup I was getting before, which I eliminated after getting rid of the two most recent trial additions I had added.

Regards,

NateS