1.    #1  
    I had read a couple of refrences to people having their sprint disconnected, or receiving large bill as a result of their laptop via Treo internet usage. I wanted to start a new thread asking people with direct information on this subject to post their experiences. I would hate to open my mail from Sprint and have a coronary...
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    Originally posted by cfsully
    I had read a couple of refrences to people having their sprint disconnected, or receiving large bill as a result of their laptop via Treo internet usage. I wanted to start a new thread asking people with direct information on this subject to post their experiences. I would hate to open my mail from Sprint and have a coronary...
    I've had unlimited Vision since it was first offered (I can't remember when) and Sprint hasn't charged me for laptop usage. I am, however, on an $85/month plan (now $105 as I added an additional phone today) and have been a Sprint PCS customer for 3.5 years. In addition, I use WirelessModem every once in awhile (maybe 1 day every 6 weeks). I have been dinged for some "casual web usage", but that was for faxes I made and some random testing.

Things may change and others may have difference experiences, but I haven't been charged. There is a discussion on Howard Forums that the USB data cables for some phones are back, so maybe Sprint is going to change pricing or something else.
  3.    #3  
    It sounds like all the rumors were just that...rumors! I am glad to hear that there have been no real problems so far with using our Treo as a modem for our laptop. If Sprint started cancelling our accounts or charging us for excessive usage, I think a lot of us would be in trouble!!
    Sully
    Boston, MA
    Treo 650 and 700
    Former Treo 300 and 600 Owner
    In testing my freshly purchased copy of Wireless Modem out, I used a phone number of my ISP instead of "#777" for Vision (because Vision wasn't working for some unknown reason) and now I have 2 CASUAL USE PCS WIRELESS WEB MINUTES on my Usage. Just a warning, if you are only using your Treo to access #777 you'll be fine, but if you're using it to fax or dialup to another ISP it will incur charges, which I believe are .40/min AND come out of your minute pool to boot.
    Even if they do start charging, won't bother me. Treo has already changed my life for the better. Used to be my habit to visit Barnes & Noble bookstore, order a venti mocha, and read magazines. Now, I read fresh news via blazer. The info in the mags on the shelves is out of date before the ink dries. Blazer takes care of all the wait states: waiting for a barber, waiting to checkout at a store, and today, waiting at H&R Block which was at least a 40 minute wait. With my previous Kyocera 6035 data was just too slow and came out of minutes so I ended up using Avantgo. Now I'm using data when I want, the way it's supposed to be.
    David
    Originally posted by drw
    Even if they do start charging, won't bother me...
    Yeah I feel exactly the same way, ra-ra-TREO, I was just posting that warning to help people avoid charges they don't realize will accrue.