1.    #1  
    So I've been trying to use Directory Assistant, a directory assistant PQA that seems to replace the 555-1212 PQA. http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/

After installation (it was never installed before), every time I try to run a residential or business search, I receive the error message "Error getting data: 0". It appears in a window titled "Query Error".

When a search is initated, the a window titled "Web Connection Status" pops up and indicates "Connecting...", then "Downloading...", and then the error message appears.

I connect using Cingular GPRS on the Treo 270. I know the connection is good - Blazer, Snappermail, and PQAs work fine at the time that I attempt to use Directory Assistant.

Webclippings are installed on my Treo, and I've been using PQAs for quite a while.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    I tried it last night - worked great.
    I'm on Cingular as well. Dir Assist was working great for months and then I started getting the exact same error in the last few weeks.

No solutions yet either.

al
    I tried the new version last night also. Got the same error. 270/Cingular/GPRS/SF Bay Area

Don
    Weird - So it seems that the problem could be with Cingular's GPRS?

ALLI: Your version appears to be functional - who is your provider?
    I just tried it as well just to see what's up cuz I haven't had any problems for months with Directory Assistant and I'm also getting the same error!

270 w/Cingular...............
    Aha! It's Cingular! I use T-Mo.
    So I tried it with Cingular using the standard "dial-up" Wireless Internet instead of the GRPS Wireless Internet Express.

It worked with Wireless Internet but not with Wireless Internet Express!
    Same here! How weird is that!!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I have same problem with Sprint service. Just installed it for the 1st time the other day, only got it to work once.
    Last edited by slwatts; 03/04/2003 at 01:32 PM.
    Have you tried adding this Avantgo Channel?

http://www.555-1212.com/wire_what.jsp
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I have tried the AvantGo channel which works great. But, it doesn't have the very convenient ability to dial the phone number, once it's been found.