1.    #1  
    I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this problem but I'm having a hard time utilizing the handsfree feature. My handsfree earpiece works well with the exception of answering calls. When I have an incoming call I push the button on the handsfree cord - and it cancels the call. Basically, I am looking for the way to answer a call while my Treo is still in the leather case. Up to this point I have to open the lid just to answer a call (even with the handsfree cord plugged in). Any advice?
    What headset are you using? Is it the one that came with the treo or an aftermarket piece?
    download and install a patch. search through this message board and i'm sure you'll be able to find it. it's a small fix.
    Originally posted by chuhsi
    download and install a patch. search through this message board and i'm sure you'll be able to find it. it's a small fix.
    The patch that you are refering to was for the 180/270's that were delivered early on and any 180/270 device that has the gprs upgrade has this fix rolled into it. I believe that this person is having a problem with his 300 since he posted here and correct me if I'm wrong, this issue was not a problem on the 300's!
  5.    #5  
    Correct, I am referring to my 300. The handsfree is the one that came with the unit - not an aftermarket piece. Is there a patch available for the 300?
    Not that I'm aware of. You might have a faulty headset. Do you have another headset designed for Nokia phones that you can try to see if it exhibits the same behaviour?
    i had the same isuue awhile back. i think it was attributed to "ringo". I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal...
    It's Ringo. It disconnects the call. One of its many bugs. They need a new release.
  9.    #9  
    So is uninstalling Ringo the only answer? Does Ringo offer a patch? I enjoy having a photo pop up when I have an incoming call (through Ringo). Is there anything comparable to Ringo where I can have pictures appear for incoming calls and not have the handsfree problem?
    Originally posted by MCBlaum
    So is uninstalling Ringo the only answer? Does Ringo offer a patch? I enjoy having a photo pop up when I have an incoming call (through Ringo). Is there anything comparable to Ringo where I can have pictures appear for incoming calls and not have the handsfree problem?
    AH HA! Ok, it must be ringo that started the problem. But even when i had ringo, i installed the patch and my 300 started working with the headset.

But I stopped using ringo because it kept crashing my treo.