1.    #1  
    Just got my treo working and I love it! I can't believe how cool this is.

Anyway, anyone got advice on email?

I don't need to access my work email.

I'd like to access my hotmail, but I don't have a prob getting a new address.

I need something robust. I'll have to upgrade my hotmail address if I can get access to it.

Can I access my new sprintpcs email address (came with the service apparently)?

What's all the hubbub about treo mail?

I would love to have my phone let me know when I have a new email in. Is that possible?

Thanks much for any answers or advice,
    Jeff

P.S. I can't believe how cool it is that I can hit ebay or google while standing in the grocery line. I'd love to check my email while in that same line. Heh
    I use my sprint account for my primary email. Like you said, hotmail can be checked on the device, and you can also get sms notifications of new mail, but you need to pay $20 a year.

Sprint does all of that for free. The major complaint about sprint was reliability, but I have found that to mostly be an issue of the past. I cant think of the last time my mail was not available.

Treomail seems nice but it is expensive. Eudora is free. Neither handle atachments so if you need to do that than you should run a search.

good luck

-rob
    I use SnapperMail to access a few different email accounts. It is a really solid product, works reliably, has a great interface, and is well- supported by its publisher.

http://www.snappermail.com/

- Rich
  4.    #4  
    Robber (or anyone with info),
    Thanks for the response on the treocentral forum. Q for you:
    How do you access your sprint mail via the treo 300?
    Could you point me to some info on that (sprintmail)?

hotmail can be accessed? How so?

Thanks so much,
    Jeff
    hotmail notificatioins are free. you can also check it using 2banywhere. Do a search for hotmail. I get an sms everytime I get new email.
    Hotmail notifictions are free. But to my knowledge remote access to the pop server is not.

I use Eudora, www.eudora.com. pop.sprintpcs.com is for incoming-- smtp.sprintpcs.com is for outgoing. Setup is self explanatory.

They also have a web browser that can be downloaded for free. It is text only, but is quick. I found that after the "wow" effect of viewing small low res pictures wore off I was using eudora web more and more.

Blazer can also be used as a text only browser but I found keeping one browser for speed and anther for coolness to be a better option than going into the preferences sub-menus every time.

Good luck

-rob
    you can use the mobile hotmail site or you can use 2bAnywhere!
    Got my Treo 300 Feb. 2 and converted to vision, 2g to 3g. Email wouldn't work at all, so contacted Sprint several times, each time you have to wait 3 to 5 days to see if it is fixed or not. Finally last friday I was abled to retrieve my old wireless web email from sprintpcs.com via desktop pc. Still can't access email or my planner from the 300. Have changed password, username, etc. and still nothing. I am using eudora which by the way does work very well to get my pop mail from earthlink. I am frustrated and not sure what to do next, any ideas. Thanks
    I bought Documents to Go and Inbox to go. It works OK except that I have to leave my home computer on to receive mail via Outlook and then Inbox to go gathers it up and forwards it to somewhere.

When I want to check mail I click on "Check and Send" -= IF my home computer is up and running and my cable modem connection hasn't glitched I get my mail.

If (and this happens often) there has been a glitch at home as in the cable service glitches and a window pops up asking me if I want to sign back on - then my Inbox to go service is DEAD.

There has to be someway for my Treo 300 to just go get my mail like Mail2Web.com does.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ron
    Originally posted by Ron Vermillion
    I bought Documents to Go and Inbox to go. It works OK except that I have to leave my home computer on to receive mail via Outlook and then Inbox to go gathers it up and forwards it to somewhere.

When I want to check mail I click on "Check and Send" -= IF my home computer is up and running and my cable modem connection hasn't glitched I get my mail.

If (and this happens often) there has been a glitch at home as in the cable service glitches and a window pops up asking me if I want to sign back on - then my Inbox to go service is DEAD.

There has to be someway for my Treo 300 to just go get my mail like Mail2Web.com does.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Ron
    Why don't you just use a fat email client (Inbox to go is a thin client).

Something like SnapperMail or Eudora will check your POP3 server directly just like Outlook does on your desktop. We have customers that go on vacation for months (I think a 3 month trip to Mexico has been the record so far), SnapperMail is fine for all their needs. We even email them updates to upgrade their installation from SnapperMail

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    I use Snappermail, and after using for the last few months, I'm very satisfied.

Friends still can't believe everything this Treo 300 will do.

Cluemeister