1.    #1  
    Hi.

I just wanted to get some clarification. Is there a hack or a program to enhance the Treo SMS so I can get more then 140 characters? And if so, is it an whole new program that I must use or will it add on to my current treosms?

Also.. For those using verichat. Can you tell me why people are recieving a strange phone number from my sms messages, I thought it would be my phone number? is it verichats number?
    The length of your SMS is carrier dependent. Most of them limit the msg to 160 characters. You could try a 3rd party software like MaxText which will handle large SMS msgs.

As to Verichat sending a phone #...it shouldn't be sending a # at all, only whatever screen name you're signed on with to whichever server, yahoo, msn, or aim. How are you using it?
    Did anyone ever get a fix to this? All my messages cut off and half the bloody message is wierd carrier info I don't need or want. 100 characters later my message begins only to be cut off after 3 words. VERY IRRITATING!
    I recently disconn, my T-900 2way pager and cell phone for the Treo 270 all in one device. Then i was hit w/ the 140/160 character bomb. i'm w/ T-mobile and i can't get anything over 160 char. what funny is that it trucates the messaging into 2 messages if i send one over 160 char, but rec one that lenght get's chopped off. I being told by some of the frontline agents that it should break the messege up into 2 sms messages if you get one that big. is there any truth to that?? I've only had this phone for a month now.