Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Wondering if this is working for you. Handspring thinks there's a problem with T-Mo's sms gateway as it pertains to new mail alerts. I no longer get any alerts, and this is what they've deduced.
  2. #2  
    I use T-Mobile in NYC and TreoMail and have no problems with the service (other than when the GPRS connection goes stale, occasionally) including notifications of new mail.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by boardoe
    I use T-Mobile in NYC and TreoMail and have no problems with the service (other than when the GPRS connection goes stale, occasionally) including notifications of new mail.
    Thanks. I'm losing my mind here. Just did a hard reset and upgraded from 1.1 to 1.1.1 to see if it would help. It did not. I already had multiple calls with handspring, reset my email account to to try that again. Done it all. Had a three-way conference call today with handspring and t-mobile. No help.

    when handspring tested out my account, it worked fine, except they were testing it with an AT&T handset instead of a t-mobile handset.

    This is baffling and very annoying. I can get email and send email, but can't get the danm notifications, and it's stuck on "pending" in my account.
  4. #4  
    I'm sure that you've covered this, but have you made sure that your sms address is entered correctly on the TreoMail's account management site?
    It will state "pending" until it actually sends a notification via SMS.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    I'm sure that you've covered this, but have you made sure that your sms address is entered correctly on the TreoMail's account management site?
    It will state "pending" until it actually sends a notification via SMS.
    of course From what I understand (and correct me if I'm wrong), it doesn't change from pending to ON until I've actually received the SMS (which happens after I say "yes, get the new mail.") If I never receive the SMS, it will stay on pending, even if it's sent out. According to Handspring, they are getting sent out. I'm just not receiving them. And FWIW, all SMS message works fine - phone to phone or via email gateway.

    coincidentally, this started happening at about the same time that TMO shut off the voicestream.net sms gateway - which is what I had been using. I changed all my info to tmobile (number@tmomail.net), but maybe somewhere in TMO's system, it's still trying to send just the email notification messages to voicestream.net, even though I have the account management page on treomail's system set up correctly for tmomail.net.

    TMO opened a ticket when I asked them this, and will have folks look into this as well. I doubt this is the problem, but I'm ready to try anything.
    Last edited by bigmdime; 02/24/2003 at 06:57 PM.
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by bigmdime


    of course From what I understand (and correct me if I'm wrong), it doesn't change from pending to ON until I've actually received the SMS (which happens after I say "yes, get the new mail.") If I never receive the SMS, it will stay on pending, even if it's sent out. According to Handspring, they are getting sent out. I'm just not receiving them. And FWIW, all SMS message works fine - phone to phone or via email gateway.
    Yes, this is how it should work. Once it sends you the SMS and you receive that SMS and retreive your email, it will change from "pending" to "on".

    Sounds like it's a T-Mo issue, very strange!
    Sorry I can't help you........

    Maybe boardoe or someone can confirm or post the sms address that they are using, seems like other T-Mo/TreoMail users are not experiencing this issue...........
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by millerhifi


    Yes, this is how it should work. Once it sends you the SMS and you receive that SMS and retreive your email, it will change from "pending" to "on".

    Sounds like it's a T-Mo issue, very strange!
    Sorry I can't help you........

    Maybe boardoe or someone can confirm or post the sms address that they are using, seems like other T-Mo/TreoMail users are not experiencing this issue...........
    thanks for trying though!

    It's a weird issue - and one I'm not sure how I'll be able to solve.
  8. #8  
    Hi,

    I am having the exact same problem. I have not received an sms e-mail alert in a couple of weeks. When I first noticed it, I went the the TM account mngmt site, and noticed that voicestream.net was now supposed to be tmomail.net. I never received notification. Now the status is pending because I don'r get SMS. I have unintsalled & re-installed per tech's suggestions. No help. In addition, I have the following TreoMail problems in the Boston area:

    - A high percentage of the time I try to manually check e-mail from the Treo, I get an error message that says the Treo Mail servers are unavailable. I have been getting that message for the last 5 hours.

    -Not all mail in the Outlook inbox is sent to the Treo when downloading. I've even removes all mail filters at the TM account mngmnt site, and there are still some messages that simply don'r come no matter how many times I check mail.

    Neither HS nor TM have any idea what the problem is, and they have simply blamed the other for the problem.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by MarkSpector
    Hi,

    I am having the exact same problem. I have not received an sms e-mail alert in a couple of weeks. When I first noticed it, I went the the TM account mngmt site, and noticed that voicestream.net was now supposed to be tmomail.net. I never received notification. Now the status is pending because I don'r get SMS. I have unintsalled & re-installed per tech's suggestions. No help. In addition, I have the following TreoMail problems in the Boston area:

    - A high percentage of the time I try to manually check e-mail from the Treo, I get an error message that says the Treo Mail servers are unavailable. I have been getting that message for the last 5 hours.

    -Not all mail in the Outlook inbox is sent to the Treo when downloading. I've even removes all mail filters at the TM account mngmnt site, and there are still some messages that simply don'r come no matter how many times I check mail.

    Neither HS nor TM have any idea what the problem is, and they have simply blamed the other for the problem.
    My problem happened in EXACTLY the same way. It started as soon as they shut off the voicestream.net sms gateway. In my MANY conversations with TMO and HS, they also blame each other - I told both of them this as well - that it started with the voicestream.net sms gateway went down. I've talked to TMO three times and HS at least a half dozen, and even had a confeence call between techs at both.

    In my most recent HS conversation this Friday, they said that they know about a number of users with our problem, and they are working on it with TMO.
  10. #10  
    Tough to blame TM here as any text message to the address works fine. So the SMS service seems to be OK, it's only theTM mail waiting notification that doesn't happen.

    SMS to the Voicestream.net address still works as well. But it doesn't fix the e-mail sms problem.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by MarkSpector
    Tough to blame TM here as any text message to the address works fine. So the SMS service seems to be OK, it's only theTM mail waiting notification that doesn't happen.

    SMS to the Voicestream.net address still works as well. But it doesn't fix the e-mail sms problem.
    For their part - HS says they see the sms notifications going out fine. And yes, the sms address set up in my account is the tmomail.net one. So HS says they're going out fine, but they never reach the phone.

    For me, sms messages sent through voicestream.net do NOT work anymore, though sms to tmomail.net works fine. But of course, no notifications.
  12.    #12  
    well - i stand corrected - it seems that voicestream.net's sms gateway is working once again - just sent myself a message to #@voicestream.net and got the sms. it wasn't working for quite a while

    i'll try the old voicesream.net sms gateway once again on my treomail account and see if it makes any difference.
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by bigmdime
    well - i stand corrected - it seems that voicestream.net's sms gateway is working once again - just sent myself a message to #@voicestream.net and got the sms. it wasn't working for quite a while

    i'll try the old voicesream.net sms gateway once again on my treomail account and see if it makes any difference.
    nope - no difference...still doesn't work.
  14. #14  
    Received this message from a HS tech this morning:

    "We have been getting few calls relating to this issue. Initially we knew there was an issue with the T-mobile @tmomail.net, which seems to have cleared out now in most of the areas except few places. We are working with higher-level T-mobile Tech support to on this issue."
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by MarkSpector
    Received this message from a HS tech this morning:

    "We have been getting few calls relating to this issue. Initially we knew there was an issue with the T-mobile @tmomail.net, which seems to have cleared out now in most of the areas except few places. We are working with higher-level T-mobile Tech support to on this issue."
    interesting. as i said - i have no problem getting sms messages to the tmomail.net email address. I just don't get the notifications sent to that address.

    A level III tech is supposed to call me tomorrow.

    to be continued...
  16. #16  
    Wonder how many levels there are? And why it doesn't just get bumped to someone who can fix the problem more quickly.
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by MarkSpector
    Wonder how many levels there are? And why it doesn't just get bumped to someone who can fix the problem more quickly.

    i don't know if handspring knows where the problem is - also, it may be a tmo problem.
  18. #18  
    Well, I'll be curious to see what they say when they call you.
  19.    #19  
    Originally posted by MarkSpector
    Well, I'll be curious to see what they say when they call you.
    I solved the problem! WOOHOO! The tech at handspring called me today, and asked me if I had my old voicestream.net email being forwarded anywhere else. I told him I did not, but that made me think to go into my old T-Zones account (or whatever it's called) and check my profile settings via the Web.

    When I went to my account on the TMO Web site, I did two things. First, I turned OFF alerts, which were turned on (even though I had no alerts set up, it was checked as active. I unchecked it). I also deleted my Web-based Tzones email account, which was checking my pop-mail.

    As soon as I did this, the notifications started working again - which leads me to believe that you may also have alerts turned on in your tmobile t-zones account.

    give it a try.
  20. #20  
    Thanks. But no changes. I never set up T-Zone e-mail info, alerts, or anything. The Alert box was checked, which I unchecked. There is no e-mail onfo for me on the t-zone web site.

    I've downloaded mail from TreoMail on a couple of occasions now, and no sms or status change from "Pending". And I have received a dozen e-mails in my outlook inbox since the last mail showed up on TreoMail (all e-mail since 11 am), and none of those download to TreoMail. I turned all TreoMail filters off yesterday.

    And for all this aggravation and unreliability I pay a monthly fee?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions