1.    #1  
    Read about Xtalk on this forum and others. Saw Case Logic's similar version. However, Xtalk is 900 mhz with dss and Case Logic is 2.4 ghz (i think w/o DSS but haven't verified). Case Logic also comes with more accessories at same price as Xtalk. Any one use Case Logic's headset? Any comments on 900 mhz dss v 2.4 ghz w/o dss?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I just purchased (used on eBay) one of the 900MHz XTalk devices. I got it as a replacement for the Jabra FreeSpeak as I couldn't stand the sound quality any longer.

My initial impression is that this device has none of the sound quality issues of the FreeSpeak. However, it is not nearly as well designed as the FreeSpeak (ergonomically speaking) as it kind of just hangs on your ear and doesn't really feel like it "fits" on your ear. Also (and this may see me selling this thing on eBay shortly), it doesn't support the answer/end button function as the FreeSpeak does. This really cheeses me off as I called and spoke with their tech support before buying this thing and they assured me that the answer/end functionality was supported.
    Caselogic's wireless headset sounds very good compared to a Freespeak.

Pros:

Sounds like a wired headset. In other words, it sounds great! Doesn't sound like a Freespeak in anyway shape or form.

It comes with many accessories and a spare battery.

The charger can be used at home or in the car.

Advertises 3 hour talk time

Low price compared to bluetooth headsets ($69 at Target)

Cons:

48 hour standby time

Must turn on base and headset to use vs. just the headset on the Freespeak

The build quality is not as good as a Freespeak

Hope this helps
    gpabon,
    I have been looking for more information for the caselogic headset on the web and have been unable. Do you happen to have a link?
    Caselogic has no information that I could find. By the way, I opted to try one last Jabra Freespeak and it works great. The Caselogic was good, but the Freespeak allows me to voice dial and and hangup by pressing the headset on off button. This is a great feature when you're driving.

George
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    So is someone using the Case Logic Headset with the Treo successfully?

I just saw it at my local Target Store for $69.99. It it included an adapter for Nokia 8900 and 3300 series Nokia phones which usually ensures compatibility with the Treo, but the included adapter has the Nokia power plug molded into the adapter as well and appears to prevents it from being used with a Treo.

I am very interested in it, but I would like to know if anyone has been successful using it with a Treo versus a regular cell phone. If any one has had success, did you have to modify the included adapter or by another adapter.?
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Caselogic Wireless Headset comes with the correct nokia adapter for the treo. I used it on my treo 300 and it sounded great! I decided to give a Jabra Freespeak another try and opted to stick with it. Why do you ask? I like the fact that I can press the button on the headset to answer a call. I also like the fact that I can make a call using the same button then saying the name.

The only issue is price; the Freespeak is about double the price!

Hope this helps,

George

P.S. I swapped for a Samsung i330 recently after my 3rd Treo wouldn't make a phone call for longer than 7 seconds.
    Originally posted by JHETZEL
    So is someone using the Case Logic Headset with the Treo successfully?

I just saw it at my local Target Store for $69.99. It it included an adapter for Nokia 8900 and 3300 series Nokia phones which usually ensures compatibility with the Treo, but the included adapter has the Nokia power plug molded into the adapter as well and appears to prevents it from being used with a Treo.

I am very interested in it, but I would like to know if anyone has been successful using it with a Treo versus a regular cell phone. If any one has had success, did you have to modify the included adapter or by another adapter.?
    Is that what the other plug is for? I noticed that the Nokia adaptor had a 2nd plug, but didn't know what it was for? Seidio.com sells an adaptor (~$10) w/o the Nokia power plug.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by inqui-Z-tor

Is that what the other plug is for? I noticed that the Nokia adaptor had a 2nd plug, but didn't know what it was for? Seidio.com sells an adaptor (~$10) w/o the Nokia power plug.
    The second plug is for the Nokia power input. I used to use a Nokia 8290 so Im familiar with the headset and power plug layout. I purchased my daughter a Nokia 3300 series phone which also shares the same plug layout.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    I fianally found the Case Logic headset last week after visiting my fourth Target store. I found it in the automotive section rather than with the cellular stuff in electronics. I got it home, charged it up, and turning the Nokia two prong adapter so it would fit into my Treo, the headset did not work. I could not make it work. I returned it.

Monday night, searching the web for the best price on a Jabra, I found it at PCConnection. They listed it (Jabra Freespeak BT 200 Nokia for the Treo 300) for $79.95, just ten bucks more than the Case Logic. The price was so low I thought it was a typo. I called in the order so I could talk to a rep. and verify that they actually had them in stock and that it was what I thought it was (compared the item number from the Jabra website). I paid $4 more for delivery, and it arrived an unbelievable 12 hours later by Airborn Express. Charged it up, plugged it in, and I could not be happier.

Comparing the two:
    I found the Case Logic to feel "cheap." It had that flimsy, dime-store plastic feel of knock off electronics. It was large and obtrusive--my girlfriend told me I looked like an ***** wearing it, and it was not particularly comfortable. Though I could not use it on my Treo, I tried it on my home phone and found the sound quality to be poor for both me and the person on the other end.
    By comparison, the Jabra just feels solid. The appearance is high on the "geek factor" scale. My normally uminpressable students were intrigued. The sound quality, after a few adjustments on the volume controls of the phone and headset is as good as my wired headset (also a Jabra). It has (thus far) provided enough battery life for me per charge, and I found that it charged much more quickly than the Case Logic. The clincher is the answer button. I had the documented conflict with Ringo, but after removing Ringo and setting up the headset according to the directions on the Jabra site, the answer/end button works like a charm.

In short, for the extra $10 the Jabra is the right choice for me. I can't tell you how nice it is to be wireless on my wireless.
    Fin

just in case anyone wants it, here is the link to PCConnection

PCConnection
    Now I really need one. Pity I just spent too much money on vacation in Europe.

Geoffrey
    Just revisited the PCConnection link I included in the earlier post and found that they have jacked up the price to $129.95 with a note to "call for availability." That was a short-lived opportunity.
    That's an even higher price.

Geoffrey
    I just bought a FreeSpeak for my Treo 270 for $119.95 from BluetoothDirect <http://www.bluetoothdirect.com/product/JABRANOKIAWWW>. Unfortunately I'm experiencing the problem where after a call is in session the feedback from entering additional digits from the Treo keypad (like when inputting a voicemail password) screws everything up.

So, it goes back to Bluetooth direct. I can't recommend anyone buying it for use with a Treo 270. Bummer, as it was a very cool device.