1.    #1  
    Just curious, noted the text at the top saying that support has been added to TC Ringer for the TREO 300. Originally, excited about the possibility of adding a Mission Impossible ringtone , my hopes were a little dashed when I read originally that the TC Ringer caused an occasional reset when previewing or changing ringtones. Has this problem been corrected? Generally speaking I tend to avoid any software that leads to an unplanned event, just keeps things running smoother. Any thoughts?

Marty
    Just a note with each post to thank all of you for ALL the great info on this site!
    Originally posted by ctblizzard
    Just curious, noted the text at the top saying that support has been added to TC Ringer for the TREO 300. Originally, excited about the possibility of adding a Mission Impossible ringtone , my hopes were a little dashed when I read originally that the TC Ringer caused an occasional reset when previewing or changing ringtones. Has this problem been corrected? Generally speaking I tend to avoid any software that leads to an unplanned event, just keeps things running smoother. Any thoughts?

Marty
    The occassional resets cannot be fixed until Handspring releases an update to the Treo 300. It is a Handspring problem (confirmed by them) and there is no workaround (also confirmed by Handspring). Once you copy the tones to the radio, you will not experience the resets when using the tones.
    i use many different ringtones A LOT and have never had a reset problem with TCRinger.

that said, if you can use ANY software with the treo and not have the occasional reset, you are different from any of us. apparently they even more or less admit it, with a reset button right on the machine, and a pin to press it built in to the stylus, and several different ways to do different levels of reset.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.