Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I don't get it, the Palm HotSync allows you to sync via lan, usb, dial up modem etc.

But Yet I don't see any realistic way to sync using the lovely wireless modem in the Treo. Is it because nobody but sprint supports unlimited data??

I can find a specific email program (basejet) that syncs with outlook, but it would be nirvana to simply support hotsync via the wireless modem. That way, everything (including my Act! calendar and contacts) would be synced from the office?

Anybody know of something I'm missing???
    Mark F Chinsky
    Originally posted by mulcher
    I don't get it, the Palm HotSync allows you to sync via lan, usb, dial up modem etc.

But Yet I don't see any realistic way to sync using the lovely wireless modem in the Treo. Is it because nobody but sprint supports unlimited data??

I can find a specific email program (basejet) that syncs with outlook, but it would be nirvana to simply support hotsync via the wireless modem. That way, everything (including my Act! calendar and contacts) would be synced from the office?

Anybody know of something I'm missing???
    Wireless HotSync can be accomplished (for Windows only) using Network HotSync. This requires that your PC be on all the time and that you can get to it through a firewall (if one exists). Network HotSync has been around for years (check the Palm documentation for information on how to configure it).

However, Network HotSync sends all the information in the clear across the Internet and anyway that knows your computer's IP address has the potential of syncing with your desktop. It is not a decent solution, in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Thats my problem. I have a standard home router that uses NAT so I can't point directly to the computer...
    Mark F Chinsky
    checkout this thread. It might be able to answer some of your questions...