Does the Treo 300 come with Avantgo preloaded? I thought I saw the app itself or something similar but now can't find it. If not, do you recommend loading it? Appears it takes quite a bit of memory. Thanks for everyone's input!
    ..come preloaded. Yes, I do recommend it. You can hotsync the channels you enjoy and read them offline - or - you can use it as a wireless browser to go online and update your channels. It is very fast and I find it very handy. And yes, it does use a fair amount of memory. My suggestion would be try it. It is free. If you are not impressed just delete it.
    In my opinion, there simply is no better Palm program. It's usefulness is somewhat reduced with a palm phone, but it is still MUCH faster for stuff that is updated once a day or so. Great for NY Times site because they don't like giving access to their AvantGo site to other browsers.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i just wish it worked with mac osx
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if you can set avantgo up to autosync wirelessly using Vision (at a particular time of day) instead of connecting to your computer to do it?

I think that would bee a neet app. Then when you get up in the morning you've got all your news on your tero and don't need to spend time doing it manually.
    Does anyone know if you can set avantgo up to autosync wirelessly using Vision (at a particular time of day) instead of connecting to your computer to do it?
    If you can, I couden't find it.

-rob
    ... you can autosync wirelessly with your Treo using vision. But I do not know of any way to set it to happen automatically at a specific time. You have to launch AvantGo and have AvantGo Wireless loaded and then you simply click on the channel you want and then click on the little update arrow ... and bingo! It goes online and updates your channel.
    I said that wrong. You cannot "AUTO" sync. You can sync wirelessly when you are in wireless mode and you launch AvantGo. But to my knowledge there is no "autosync" ability.
    What exactly is avantgo wireless?

I wirelessly sync now, but have not activated "avanto wireless"

With "wireless" enabled, will it connect on my command or whenever it feels like something new is available?

What I am trying to accomplish is; being able to do the whole sync every morning to get cnet, nyt, etc. But have the unit connect whenever I check movie listings.

thanks

-rob
    Originally posted by GearGoddess
    i just wish it worked with mac osx
    It does.... If you need a copy of the avantgo palm software get it from a PC friend and install it.

You can then sync completely over the air instead of from the desktop (great fun to sync while in the car, check the most recent radar, etc..)
    You can sync AvantGo wirelessly, however, it takes forever. On your Treo look for the AG Connect icon and click on it. Or from within AvantGo, click on Channels, Modem Sync. In both cases a screen will appear that will have a "Sync this Server" button at the bottom of the screen. Click on this and the wireless sync will begin.
    Avantgo Wireless gives you access to all of the Avantgo channels through the Avantgo browser. Normally the browser just lets you view your subscribed channels. This way you can add channels on the fly, wirelessly, without logging into the site from you desktop.

Robber, you could use MacroPlay to set-up a time defined Macro that would sync your channels.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    When I try to wireless sync I get an error 5455 Failed to connect to server . Anyone know what that means?
    http://avantgo.com/support/mobile_su...rrorcodes.html

Error 5455: Can't find Internet connection
    Means one or more of the following:
    Your server is not recognizing our host name (sync.avantgo.com). Fix this by changing the host name to an IP number and testing the connection.
    To change the DNS (Domain Name Server) settings:

Click Start | Programs | AvantGo | AvantGo Connect.
    Select the AvantGo server.
    Click Properties and enter the following:
    Server Addr: 64.157.224.7
    Port: 80
    To test your connection:

Click the Connection tab.
    Click Autodetect Now.
    Note: If you get an error, click Show Details. Then copy and paste the COMPLETE error message into an email and send it to us for troubleshooting.

You do not have a connection to the Internet. You must have an Internet session open while syncing. If you are using the device in wireless mode see Wireless Browsing for more information.

The AvantGo Connect settings are incorrect. Fix this by modifying the DNS (Domain Name Server) settings and proxy information. Ask your administrator for the proxy host name or IP address and the port number.
    To manually enter your proxy settings:

Click the Connection tab.
    Click Change.
    Enter the following on the HTTP line:
    Address: (your proxy server's address)
    Port: (your proxy server's port)
    Uncheck Automatically Detect Settings.
    Click OK and sync the device.
    Originally posted by shk718

I think that would bee a neet app. Then when you get up in the morning you've got all your news on your tero and don't need to spend time doing it manually.
    Okay, this post was awhile ago, but since then has anyone come out with a program that does this?
    What was wrong with the macro idea, as suggested above?

I like to use AvantGo on the subway; every morning I just start the wireless sync and let it run while I'm in the shower.

AvantGo will frequently reset my Treo when wireless mode is on and there's no service, so I try to turn wireless mode off as I'm getting on the train.

Originally posted by greatgooglymoog

Okay, this post was awhile ago, but since then has anyone come out with a program that does this?
    There is a program that will do what you want.
    Crony.
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...E&prodID=28133

Make sure you also download FILEZ from Palm Gear also so you can get the ID from the software. Give it a try. It is also free.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Thank you rollins and on for the suggestions. Unfortunately I am runn on palm 5.0 so I can't use oneklassy's suggestion. But I really appreciate you folks trying to answer my question. Thank you again
    N