1.    #1  
    I was calling someone who is about 70Km away. I can connect but they can't figure out what I'm saying. I am unintelligible. They say it's like listening to gush of wind. When I called them up using my wife's Nokia 6100, call was clear. Would you know anything about that?
    Was it the same network? Did you try again with the Treo? Did it do the same thing?

Maybe it was a network hiccup.
  3.    #3  
    At least my wife and I came from the same network just different phones. We were calling folks using the same network. But our prefixes are not the same. My wife and I use the 918- while I am calling folks using 920- but all from the same carrier provider.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I found a similar problem calling someone about 500 metres away. Its only happened twice. Once I was able to call them back and the problem went away. The other time it persisted for a few calls. The numbers were both mobiles (one on the same network and one on a different one) that I call frequently, so I know its not a regular problem.

My guess is with the Network Hiccup theory
    I've had the same problem described. I've powered off the unit, waited a couple of minutes and powered back on. After the unit finds the network (T-Mobile in my case), calls to the same person who complained of poor call quality were crisper and clearer. Hope this helps.
  6.    #6  
    Guys, you are right on the network glitch. I called the same numbers again another day and it was all fine