Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I can't begin to tell you all how happy I was to find this board and read of the same problem with the right hinge of the Treo 300 flip lid that I had today. I hadn't noticed the crack until this morning, when the entire lid came off in my hand, causing me to drop the unit on the ground.

I'm sure I'm going to have a fight on my hands at the Sprint PCS store tomorrow- but I'm going to march in there and not leave until i have a replacement now that I know it's a common KNOWN flaw!

Thank you all so much, I'll keep you posted..

Christine
    Christine,

Are you going to try to get a Treo 600 as a replacement? I called Sprint this morning and they told me that I would have to pay the difference in price between a Treo 300 and Treo 600 if I wanted to trade for the Treo 600 (when it comes out). I'm sure the price difference is only going to get larger as soon as the Treo 600 comes out. This is my second Treo 300 ending up with a broken right hinge, and I'd rather not bother getting it replaced by a new Treo 300 only to have to replace it yet AGAIN in a few months.

-Yvonne
    Hi Yvonne-

Actually- i couldn't WAIT that long... i am very interested in the 600, but i had to have a replacement for my treo 300. I marched into the Sprint store, ready for a fight, armed with all the information I found here- and they didn't give me a hard time at all! In 10 minutes, i was out of there with a pack for my broken treo (to send it back) and said that they'd overnight me a new one... I should receive it today.

Lo and behold- Sprint came through for me! I was amazed.

Christine
    Add another BLT (Broken-Lid-Treo) guy to the list. Mine snapped a couple weeks ago, and I finally made it to the Sprint service center today -- duct tape and all. They replaced it with a "new" one, no questions asked. I, of course, had one question while the tech was making the switch: "When is the Treo 600 coming out?"

"What's that?" he asked with a straight face.

His name badge said he was a 3G tech.

Either he was a good liar, or he hadn't read the memo.
    Originally posted by ChristineNYC
    Hi Yvonne-

Actually- i couldn't WAIT that long... i am very interested in the 600, but i had to have a replacement for my treo 300. I marched into the Sprint store, ready for a fight, armed with all the information I found here- and they didn't give me a hard time at all! In 10 minutes, i was out of there with a pack for my broken treo (to send it back) and said that they'd overnight me a new one... I should receive it today.

Lo and behold- Sprint came through for me! I was amazed.

Christine
    That's great, Christine! I know I can probably get mine replaced that easily too - I just think I am going to hold out for the 600. I have a back-up cell phone through work that I am using for now. I hope I can talk someone at Sprint into trading the 300 for a 600, but failing that, I guess I'll cough up the difference... :P

Thanks,
    YVonne
    Hello all,
    I've got a 270 that's about 4 months out from the expirey of the warranty. 2 days ago the hinge snapped on it...on a friend's advice (he had the same issue) I phone HS support. They said that I could replace it for $179 because the warranty was done. I asked the escalate the call. The "Sr." rep called in less than 24 hours, confirmed the issue I had and committed the replacement unit free of charge with 3 biz days. I too want a 600 but I figure I'll get a "brand new" 270 in the interim and either use it as a trade in when the time is right or sell it as "like new" and then buy the 600 right away.

Just though those of you who have recent challenges with the Lid would like to know.

Al
    I just wanted to add another name to the list.

I was advised to get the extended warranty before it broke and ended up paying 35 bucks to have them mail me a replacement.
    Well, I originally purchased my first Treo at Best Buy over a year ago (I didn't get any extended warranty). My first Treo broke in March, and Sprint customer care (over the phone) agreed to send me a new one free of charge and I sent back the old one and they accepted the exchange and I didn't get charged a dime. My 2nd Treo broke a couple of a weeks ago, and yesterday I finally decided I couldn't wait any longer and I went into a Sprint store and they agreed to replace it since Sprint had replaced it before for the same reason. They did not have any Treos on hand, but they ordered one for me and I should receive it Monday or Tuesday. Once again, it will be free of charge and I only have to mail my old one back using the return kit they send me (I have 30 days to do so). I'm sorry some of you are getting charged for this; I don't think you should be, given that this is a 'known defect.'

-Yvonne
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234