1.    #1  
    Anyone else having this problem ? The icon shows up on my 300 phone screen even though I have no new voicemails. I have called sprint once and they had to do a "reset" but the very next time I got a VM it started doing it again.

Prior to the last few weeks it used to correctly disappear once I had listened to the voicemail.
    Originally posted by sanovak3681
    Anyone else having this problem ? The icon shows up on my 300 phone screen even though I have no new voicemails. I have called sprint once and they had to do a "reset" but the very next time I got a VM it started doing it again.

Prior to the last few weeks it used to correctly disappear once I had listened to the voicemail.
    Obviously you can clear it by using the Call Preferences' Clear Voicemail Icon button. When you check your voicemail, tap the icon or tap the "listen" button. Manually dialing (or using a speedial) will not clear the icon, in my experience.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Yeah, I've seen people write what KRamsauer wrote (that how you dial voicemail has something to do with it). I'd be surprised if that has anything to do with it. I *always* use my speed dial button to check my voicemail, and 90% of the time the icon is cleared appropriately. But sometimes it isn't. This has also been a problem on other phones I've had on Sprint. I'm more inclined to think it has something to do with the protocol Sprint uses for notifying phones of voicemail. I suspect this is why most Sprint phones have a "clear voicemail icon" button.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks KRamsauer ! I was not aware of this option in the menus... I have had it clear automatically at times when using the speed-dial button, but this will help

This board is GREAT
    The voicemail icon clears once the user performs an action on a new message. Actions include listening to the complete message, saving message, deleting message etc... In my experience, the icon only stays around when you hang up before the voicemail is finished playing the message.
    Got Darts?
    I have had previous sprint phones that did this as well....and it was very annoying.

I eventually figured out that I was hitting the delete button and immediately hanging up, and the message was deleted on the system, but the icon remained on the phone. I figured out that once I hit the delete button, I needed to wait until the voicemail 'hostess' finished saying the message had been deleted, rather than hang up as soon as I had pressed the delete button.

I've sinced used this with my treo due to habit, and have yet to have an icon hang around..but I just tested it, and if you don't wait for the 'Message erased' to completely end before hanging up, the icon does stick around.

Hope this helps...