1.    #1  
    I am so mad at Sprint.

Switched to vision on Monday, everything worked great. Last night my vision username kicked in and erased my old ww email account. Now my 2yr old business email address is gone, and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. Maybe in 6 months, they said.

I talked to;

CSR
    Tech support
    Manager of Tech support
    Remittance
    Business Dept

This is all after they assured me that this would not happen.

Time to start;
    sending mass emails informing of new address,
    order new business cards
    start updating all my software
    call banks, insurance, etc.

I just cant imagine how they haven't streamlined the switch from ww to vision.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

-rob
    What does "ww" stand for?
    WW I believe means Wireless Web
    And what does "switched to vision" mean? This is not immediately obvious to me . . . you have a new Treo 300 and you have activated a new unlimited vision plan but hoped to keep an existing Sprint User ID? When I switched from a Sprint Free and Clear plan (with web access) I was told right away that I had to get a new vision user ID and password. Once they were set up and activated I have not had a problem.
    However, having said that I still use Yahoo as my primary email address. I have found the Sprint servers too unreliable.
    Sorry you had to go through that. Good luck.
  5.    #5  
    And what does "switched to vision" mean? This is not immediately obvious to me . . . you have a new Treo 300 and you have activated a new unlimited vision plan but hoped to keep an existing Sprint User ID?
    Upgraded from wireless web to vision. And yes, I was told that I would be able to keep my existing id. As recent as Thursday, when I checked my email via sprintpcs.com it said it had my original address saved for me. When I tried to activate the new account I got an error message saying my planner data was unavailable. I spoke with the tech, he reassured me that it would work in the morning. We specifically spoke of my 2 year old sprintpcs.com email address. Friday morning, I woke up and found the new email account/address.

In addition, I realized today that they also wiped out my entire address book. (but they did manage to transfer my old emails to the new account) It would have been nice to have gotten a 24hr notice on that one.

The bottom line is that changing my email address is tantamount to changing my phone number.
    Know one seems to know what is going on over there. I would think that they would have a system in place to swap email addresses from older wireless web accounts to the new vision accounts. Is that unrealistic?

This would have been tolerable if I was told upfront that these changes were going to occur. But I ws mislead and that is why I find myself scrambling, and am pissed.

My sprint email is dedicated to the important stuff. I get no spam and everything in my inbox needs to be addressed asap. I have an aol address for the other stuff like notification of posts to this thread.
    I sent an email to my old sprint address and it is floating around somewhere in cyber space. Not in inbox, did not get an error in the sending account.

Get with the program sprint. Not eveyone uses their phones to download ringers and wallpaper. Some of us depend on them for our livlihoods.

-rob