1.    #1  
    been using it for a week and today it was a gem. I'm from Los Angeles and flew to NYC today on business. I get off the plane, driver picks me up and as sson as I get in the car I power up and connrct immediately to the network.

I launch business connection, download wrk email an begin catching up on my day. all the while enroute to my hotel. make a few phone calls and by the time I reach the hotel i've already dealt with any issue that popped up and responded to my emails.

never dropped the conction. I just thought it was so cool I downloaded and responded to my work email while in a car enroute to my hotel 3000 miles away!
  2.    #2  
    p.s. - and here i am in my room surfing and posting to the forums on the treo.

p.s.s. - I still have my sidekick, turned it on, and as expected, no signal!
    Hmmmm. Too bad. There goes your excuse to relax and take it easy in the airport and in the taxi. No rest for the wicked or for the Treo 300 owner!
    LOL! That's the problem with the Treo, its soo damned cool you can't stop playing with it!
  5.    #5  
    yeah, i just can't help myself! but i had 5 hours on he plane to chill. good thing I couldn't use it there.

plus being able to catch up on emails while enroute enabled me to relax once I got to the hotel! everything I needed to deal with was finished by then.
    My son was having a CT scan yesterday at our local hosptal and since you can't use cell phones in or around the radiology dept. I was still able to read all the news I had downloaded into AvantGo and catch up on some other things. They frowned at me a time or two and I just grinned and said not to worry, the phone was off. It was great.
    I've been so absorbed by the Treo since I purchased it, that I've scheduled times in which I deliberately turn it completely off in order to prevent it from totally consuming my energy. It is truly a fantastic device and, in combination with the Sprint unlimited plan and nationwide coverage, still well ahead of its competitors imho.
    Since getting the Treo 300, numerous times I have had perfect strangers walk up to me and inquire about it. Usually with something to the effect of, "Is that one of those Palm Pilot Phone things?"

When I show people what it can do, they are amazed. Showing the current Doppler weather seems to be the most impressive to people. I am going to start charging Handspring and Sprint for the advertising plugs they get from me. [OK - not Handspring, they have not had a profitable quarter's earnings yet]

As geeky as this sounds, the Treo 300 with Sprint's unlimited Vision plans (also having unlimited nights and weeknds); has made my life so much easier.

I was hesitant to use TreoMail at first but now, I am not sure how I lived without it. I just got back from a five day vacation (it started as three but the snow storm hitting the East turned it into five days) and having TreoMail kept me up-to-date without being anywhere near my desktop.

Just FYI [DO NOT TEST THIS] - only analog signals interfer with hospital monitoring equipment. A digital cell phone can be used standing right next to a patient without difficultly. Since it is difficult to tell the difference between analog and digital phones, hospitals take the safe route and just do not allow any cell phones to be used.

Russell
    Originally posted by Fender Doc

Just FYI [DO NOT TEST THIS] - only analog signals interfer with hospital monitoring equipment. A digital cell phone can be used standing right next to a patient without difficultly. Since it is difficult to tell the difference between analog and digital phones, hospitals take the safe route and just do not allow any cell phones to be used.

Russell
    Russell,

Do you have a white paper or any further information about this? I'd like to learn more about this issue and validate it.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    a couple of my coworkers are in sydney australia this week & are not regularly near a computer. to be able to keep in touch with them, i'm leaving verichat on all the time & getting reports from them whenever they've got internet access. i love that!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    our internet connection at the office just went down. guess who's still online? HA HA! (in the tone of nelson from the simpsons)
    Originally posted by GearGoddess
    our internet connection at the office just went down. guess who's still online? HA HA! (in the tone of nelson from the simpsons)
    now, now... it's not polite to gloat
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Hey everyone, found this thread! Love the TREO 300. Its doing everything I had hopes and with the unlimited Sprint PCS deal its well worth the cost. Just one note, many of you really enjoy the TREO, some of you write that people are impressed when they see all it can do. This company however has a huge problem with marketing and its partners. Almost everyone I talk to hasnt even heard of it. Even when I caught an article about the product months ago, no stores were carrying it, some even say it was discontinued, or handspring is no longer in business. Most customer service people are mindless. I dont think any stores have a working model. Finally , after doing my own research and FINALLY noticing a Staples store had them in stock, I made my purchase. What these Yahoos need is a nice mall kiosk in the center (like the cell phone places have) with a working demo unit that people can check out. They would sell a ton of these things.
    Sprint should set them up all over their stores and mall shops.

Calling in to sprint, handspring, or any of these stores for info is a trip to wonderland. Most reps dont even have a treo around, have canned info in front of them, dont even know the service plans well, LIE To you about the service plans, or say things like " yeah I heard of that, let me connect you to... (another long wait or a hang up)...

Unless this part gets better, we will be this little group of happy customers, that might get sideswiped in the long run by a company that cannot afford to upgrade their products or design new ones, or support existing ones..

Just my opinion...

Marty
    Just a note with each post to thank all of you for ALL the great info on this site!
    see this thread for a sort of related piece. apparently they are working on a more elaborate software scheme that will make the treo more accessible to the non-geek. as you note, the treo as it stands needs a lot of support. most folks don't want to get that involved

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=32372
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.