1.    #1  
    I just got a Treo 300. I used to have a Visor Platinum and have never had a mobile phone, so the rechargable battery is new to me. Is it a problem overcharging the battery? I have been plugging it in each night, but have heard rumors of decreasing the battery life by doing this. Should I reduce the battery down more before recharging?
    As I understand it, you improve Li-ion battery life by keeping it topped off. This is just the opposite of Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries which should be fully discharged before being recharged.
    I am not an expert by any means but there are disadvantages to either topping off or draining.

I have always completely drained my batteries, and they have held better charges than aquaintences who didn't. However, full depletion IMO is not an option with the treo as we don't have any (reasonable) alternative to keeping the unit active.

A two battery system is very underrated. When I got my i300 I thought that I would never use both. Wrong. It is great to know you have a full charge waiting. I will go as far to say that the internal battery is the treo's biggest issue.

I have done a lot of research, this is a tough subject. You can find experts whom lean in both directions.

I have never kept a phone for over a year, so I figure I shouldent worry about it anyway.

-rob
    i totally agree with the 2 battery system. but as you said, its not an option. i just hope this battery lasts long enough to get us to the next treo model, where some of these issues will have been addressed. on the other hand, presumably if it failed, it would be replaced under the $4 per month replacement coverage...
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.