1.    #1  
    I have noticed that when I get an SMS message that I don't respond my machine crashes with a fatal error and has to be reset.

I use treosms and I notice this because I have yahoo's send me scores of the kings hockey games. When I answer them (delete or save) I have no problem but if i leave them and do nothing I get the fatal error

I noticed this too with message from Verichat when I am not in the program and it sends me an SMS. for example I leave verichat running but leave the application screen I then go to sleep in the morning if one of my friends has sent me a message verichat then sends the sms and that when i get the error when I dont respond ?

so whats causing the problem ? treosms is the only thing common

Will sprint ever get real SMS?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I've got verichat and notice when I get a msg when I'm not in the program, the msg will not go away unless you hit one of the selections (reply, chat or ignore). No other key works (phone dialer buttons..etc..

If the phone rings during this time... the Treo will crash.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by njchris
    I've got verichat and notice when I get a msg when I'm not in the program, the msg will not go away unless you hit one of the selections (reply, chat or ignore). No other key works (phone dialer buttons..etc..

I've noticed the exact same thing. And it's the SMS message sitting there that predetermines the symptom, regardless of the originator. That is, regardless of whether the SMS message came from Verichat or Yahoo, if a call comes in before I respond to it, the Treo goes up in flames.
    Got any hacks running?
  5.    #5  
    I have no hacks.. I even got a new treo and started again from scratch installing just sms and verichat.

perhaps if sprint did SMS and we did not need a third party ?

will there ever be a sprint app
    Hrm.. I sent an IM so that it gives the SMS, and after it popped up I called the phone and everything seemed ok.

Treo300SMS v0.5
    VeriChat v1.04

I don't experience the crash, but the rest of kinda normal. Pretty much the same as if you get an alarm. When the phone rings on mine when a verichat SMS is up it gives me the normal dial answer yes/no kinda dialog on top of it.

One of the reasons the SMS stays there is so that you don't accidentally dismiss it. I don't always turn on with the on button and I wouldn't want it to dismiss by accident if I hit my mail button for example.

I think they don't support the regular pgup/pgdn dismiss because they use those keys to scroll the SMS window. For the times when multiple verichat messages come in it actually builds a scrollable list right in the SMS dialog. I'm really in love with that feature.. hardly ever need to even go into the main app to chat.

Enter by itself does appear to dismiss it at any rate.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Originally posted by potatoho
    Got any hacks running?
    No hacks. Unless Treo Button counts as a hack?
  9.    #9  
    well last night I turned off Verichat.. and I knew I would be getting SMS messages because yahoo was sending me the Kings hockey games scores.

And sure enough if I did not answer the SMS then I would get a fatal error and the treo would do a soft reset...

Sprint ? where are they on this ? We need sprint to fix there service
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I just did a test on mine and it works. I hadn't tried it since I put the newer Treo300SMS v.5 on it. Maybe the older version had a problem???

*shrug*
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I just did a test on mine and it works. I hadn't tried it since I put the newer Treo300SMS v.5 on it. Maybe the older version had a problem???

*shrug*
    Yeah, I just sent SMS messages to myself and callled myself before clearing them. I did this several times. No problems. Must be sporadic. Note that I also run TreoAlertMgr.
    Originally posted by edwarto
    And sure enough if I did not answer the SMS then I would get a fatal error and the treo would do a soft reset...
    The SMS is pretty much handled by Treo300SMS. Check your version, is it less than v0.5? Also try disabling it and do your test again.

Then again there is other software which intercepts SMS messages as well, though not too much out yet.