1.    #1  
    I have a tungsten E2 and WIndows 7. My PC uses Palm Desktop by Access 6.2.2. Things used to work. But now on the pc if I try to edit a memo or create a new on no edit window pops up. If I click anywhere on the application it just beeps. It is almost like the edit or create memo window is poping up but somewhere off of the screen. I tried doing a repair install of Palm Desktop but that did not help. I am a bit reluctant to try uninstall and reinstall because I am also having trouble syncing. Any Suggestions please?
    Thanks,
    Chas
    Perhaps a corrupt memo which took out the database? Have you also tried restarting and a clean install as well to rule out those? Palm uses plain text for memos so you can open them up with a text editor to see which one is the culprit. Also, you try fixing it on your handheld w/ dbfixit.
    Quote Originally Posted by chas2003 View Post
    I have a tungsten E2 and WIndows 7. My PC uses Palm Desktop by Access 6.2.2. Things used to work. But now on the pc if I try to edit a memo or create a new on no edit window pops up. If I click anywhere on the application it just beeps. It is almost like the edit or create memo window is poping up but somewhere off of the screen. I tried doing a repair install of Palm Desktop but that did not help. I am a bit reluctant to try uninstall and reinstall because I am also having trouble syncing. Any Suggestions please?
    Thanks,
    Chas
    How are you syncing?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman97 View Post
    Perhaps a corrupt memo which took out the database? Have you also tried restarting and a clean install as well to rule out those? Palm uses plain text for memos so you can open them up with a text editor to see which one is the culprit. Also, you try fixing it on your handheld w/ dbfixit.
    I don't think the edit problem was any specific memo as they all acted the same. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the symptom went away. Thanks for your suggestion; it may help the sync problem. Where are the memos stored? I would like to edit them and see if I can correct the sync problem. The problem probably is not on the Tungsten side as DBFIXIT does not find a problem. Thanks Chas
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    How are you syncing?
    I am syncing through USB. I have the third parth USP driver for 64 bit WIndows 7. Then I either hit they sync button on the cable or bring up hotsync on the Tungsten and hit the HOtsync icon. In either case Hotsync starts and gets through all the tasks before Memos. Turning off the memo conduit on the Tungsten had no effect. Thanks, Chas
    Memos are located in:

C:\Program Files\palmOne\[your hotsync name]\memopad

Or a similar path.

You'll see .dat files that can be opened in Notepad. If you think the Tungsten isn't the problem, you can set the conduit to handheld overwrites desktop to see if that helps.