1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm not too fond of the Treo 300's address book because it expands each contact to show all phone numbers. That makes it easy to dial a number, but more difficult to scroll through the list.

I could not find a way to collapse it so only the name and 1 phone number is shown (as is normal with regular Palm PDAs). Is that possible? Or do I need to use KeyContacts to do that?

Thanks.
    I have been using it for a while and it's great. When you click on a contact the phone number is highlighted in BOLD up at the top of the scroll list. It is a GREAT address book replacement, IMO.

Check it out. www.tealpoint.com
    Originally posted by Sprinter
    Hi,

I'm not too fond of the Treo 300's address book because it expands each contact to show all phone numbers. That makes it easy to dial a number, but more difficult to scroll through the list.

I could not find a way to collapse it so only the name and 1 phone number is shown (as is normal with regular Palm PDAs). Is that possible? Or do I need to use KeyContacts to do that?

Thanks.
    If your concern is that it is more difficult to scroll through the list, bear in mind that the Treo contact setup makes scrolling almost unnecessary in most instances, as it is the only address book app I know of that provides for pressing the first letter of the first and last names and then another letter or two of the last name to get you where you want to go. In my experience, it almost flies to the right one of my contacts out of a list of over 2200 entries. Scrolling is usually unnecessary or totally minimal.

Most address book apps, e.g. the contact portion of my Agendus program, do not provide for this narrowed search method of first and last initials, making scrolling much more likely. Which is probably why collapsing to one line, as in Agendus, is offered.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by NateS

If your concern is that it is more difficult to scroll through the list, bear in mind that the Treo contact setup makes scrolling almost unnecessary in most instances, as it is the only address book app I know of that provides for pressing the first letter of the first and last names and then another letter or two of the last name to get you where you want to go. In my experience, it almost flies to the right one of my contacts out of a list of over 2200 entries. Scrolling is usually unnecessary or totally minimal.

Most address book apps, e.g. the contact portion of my Agendus program, do not provide for this narrowed search method of first and last initials, making scrolling much more likely. Which is probably why collapsing to one line, as in Agendus, is offered.

Regards,

NateS
    True about the easy lookup... but that only helps if you know what you're looking for (or at least the partial name).
    Originally posted by Sprinter

True about the easy lookup... but that only helps if you know what you're looking for (or at least the partial name).
    How do you look if you don't know what you're looking for?

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by NateS

How do you look if you don't know what you're looking for?

Regards,

NateS
    You know, you're searching for a name that you'll remember/recognizer once you see it. "I know there's this restaurant but can't remember its name...".
    Does anybody else miss the ability to sort by company? I often need to read a list to remember who I should call. This was standard on the original Visor. I can't believe Handspring dropped this very useful feature.