1.    #1  
    Hi, everyone, I hope that someone here can help! I got the treo 300, really love it! When I first used it, I synched it on my DViMac (G3, 400 Mhz), no problems, worked just fine. However, it simply will not sync with my G4 tower (yikes motherboard) or a new eMac, also a G4. I have tried both OS 9 and 10.1.2 on the tower, and 10.2 on the emac, still no go. Have removed the palm desktop and reloaded, removed the updates, etc. but it simply will not sync! If anyone here has any suggestions or help, please let me know, this is very frustrating! BTW, I am using OS 10.1.3 on the iMac, works great! Thanks
    "Knowledge is a three-edge Sword"
    see this thread just a few down from yours.
  3.    #3  
    Say, did you get yours to finally work, and how did you get it to work? Thanks, Randy
    nope, still doesn't work.
    Originally posted by gkargreen
    Hi, everyone, I hope that someone here can help! I got the treo 300, really love it! When I first used it, I synched it on my DViMac (G3, 400 Mhz), no problems, worked just fine. However, it simply will not sync with my G4 tower (yikes motherboard) or a new eMac, also a G4. I have tried both OS 9 and 10.1.2 on the tower, and 10.2 on the emac, still no go. Have removed the palm desktop and reloaded, removed the updates, etc. but it simply will not sync! If anyone here has any suggestions or help, please let me know, this is very frustrating! BTW, I am using OS 10.1.3 on the iMac, works great! Thanks
    Are you using the Mac Palm Desktop installer downloaded from the Palm site or the one from the HandSpring site?

They look the same but they are not the same.

When I followed HandSpring's advice and deleted all remnants of Mac Palm
    Desktop 4 installed from the Palm site, and re-installed with the Palm Desktop 4 installer downloaded from the HandSpring site, all worked well.

I've got it syncing on three different Macs - two iMacs and a TiBook that previously wouldn't sync.

Caveat - I am using System 9.2.2 not OS X but you still ought to consider or eliminate this as your possible problem.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    hmm, I'll have to try that...
    well, whaddya know...it worked!

Got rid of palm desktop 4 that I downloaded from Palm. Downloaded and installed Palm Desktop 4 from Handspring, hit hotsync, and it worked!

Thanks for the tip! Now all I have to do is figure out how to choose Entourage as my application to sync with...
  8.    #8  
    Hey, wadda know it worked for me too! The key was checking to see that ALL remnants from the Palm version were deleted, then installing the Handspring version allowed me to sync with ease! Thanks all, don't need to see the shrink now!
    I had originally bought the 270, but the service didn't work in our office so I took it back and got the 300. It works.

The 270 was syncing with my PB G4 but when I tried the 300, no go.

I have been on the phone with tech support, installed, uninstalled, searched the forums and have found nothing that gets me syncing up yet.

To recap I have uninstalled everything, removed all palm files from hard drive, even got rid of the Serial folder mentioned in another post, moved the Transport to the top of login items, tried different USB ports etc.

Nothing.

If anyone knows of anything else I am missing let me know.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by zorka
    I had originally bought the 270, but the service didn't work in our office so I took it back and got the 300. It works.

The 270 was syncing with my PB G4 but when I tried the 300, no go.

I have been on the phone with tech support, installed, uninstalled, searched the forums and have found nothing that gets me syncing up yet.

To recap I have uninstalled everything, removed all palm files from hard drive, even got rid of the Serial folder mentioned in another post, moved the Transport to the top of login items, tried different USB ports etc.

Nothing.

If anyone knows of anything else I am missing let me know.

Thanks.
    Which website did you get your installer from?

See above.

Regards,

NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
    I think everyone is missing the big pic here...

The problem is you are using a MAC!
    I got the installer from the handspring web site as directed by HS tech support.

I did plug things into my XP machine just for grins and it synced up just fine.
    Originally posted by speclcajun
    I think everyone is missing the big pic here...

The problem is you are using a MAC!
    Hmmm - a troll.

I also see that he uses a Kyocera, not a Treo.

To each his own.

Regards,

NateS
    I thought I would report back and let everyone know that I was unable to sync to MAC OS X until I updated the Treo 300 with the 1.0.1 update from the Handspring site. Now I tried a bunch of other things that are mentioned here and there as well but it seems the update did the trick (no thanks to handspring tech support).

If you are having troubles as I did try this link, it may help.

I will not that as of this date there is no MAC OS X installer for this update. Luckily I have a gaming machine that is windows where I could install the update.

-Z
    Not going to believe this. But I all of sudden cannot sync anymore. I don't understand it. I didn't change anything, things just stopped working (and no, I didn't update to 10.2.8).

If anyone has any new information let me know.

-Z