Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1.    #1  
    In trying to track down a failure to get incoming calls for about 10 days and all of them going into voicemail unless I constantly powered down to Sprint's Goodbye and back to Welcome, I tried to track down the problem by changing TCRinger to "Inactive" and although I have not re-activated TCRinger, it appears to function normally! I'm not sure how this could be, but I am still getting incoming calls and with assigned ringtones! (The problem has also seemed to go away but I suspect a different app that I also disabled.)

    I'm not complaining, but am I misunderstanding the function or purpose of "Inactive" on TCRinger?

    Is it supposed to keep playing assigned ringtones on incoming calls even when set to "Inactive"?

    Very curious about this.

    Regards,

    NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by NateS
    In trying to track down a failure to get incoming calls for about 10 days and all of them going into voicemail unless I constantly powered down to Sprint's Goodbye and back to Welcome, I tried to track down the problem by changing TCRinger to "Inactive" and although I have not re-activated TCRinger, it appears to function normally! I'm not sure how this could be, but I am still getting incoming calls and with assigned ringtones! (The problem has also seemed to go away but I suspect a different app that I also disabled.)

    I'm not complaining, but am I misunderstanding the function or purpose of "Inactive" on TCRinger?

    Is it supposed to keep playing assigned ringtones on incoming calls even when set to "Inactive"?

    Very curious about this.

    Regards,

    NateS
    You are understanding the function of Inactive correctly; TC Ringer should not do anything when it is inactive. Do you happen to have ringtones assigned via Speed dial entries? I did pretty extensive testing and switching it to inactive always caused the Known Caller Tone to play (for known callers).
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by sgruby


    You are understanding the function of Inactive correctly; TC Ringer should not do anything when it is inactive. Do you happen to have ringtones assigned via Speed dial entries? I did pretty extensive testing and switching it to inactive always caused the Known Caller Tone to play (for known callers).
    Scott,

    If I use TCRinger to install ringtones, then I use HotKeys on the Phone app and Prefs/Ringers to assign those TCRinger-installed ringtones to the people in Hotkeys, and to Known and Unknown Caller settings in Prefs, and then turn TCRinger to Inactive, will those ringtone assignments continue to work? That is, will the ringtones I installed with TCR ring for those assignments made in that way?

    Regards,

    NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by NateS


    Scott,

    If I use TCRinger to install ringtones, then I use HotKeys on the Phone app and Prefs/Ringers to assign those TCRinger-installed ringtones to the people in Hotkeys, and to Known and Unknown Caller settings in Prefs, and then turn TCRinger to Inactive, will those ringtone assignments continue to work? That is, will the ringtones I installed with TCR ring for those assignments made in that way?

    Regards,

    NateS
    Yes, the active vs. inactive for TCRinger is only for individual tones and group tones specified in TCRinger. The active/inactive not affect assignments made for known/unknown callers or speed dial entries. For Known/Unknown Callers, please read the support info at: <http://www.treocentral.com/content/R...s/tcringer.htm> as you need to copy the tones to the Midi Ring Tones database and not the radio.

Posting Permissions