1.    #1  
    Did a search and found many posts from last fall...but is there anything out now to help get this thing to sync with a mac running os 10.2.4 besides Missing Synch?
    one reason may be that 10.2.4 was just released today! I have no problem though 10.2.3 will update to 10.2.4 later today.
    don't need Missing Sync, just plug in to USB on iBook or New PowerBook G4 and everything works great for me.

Are you having some kind of problem?
  3.    #3  
    yeah, the problem is my treo locks up as soon as I try to hotsync.

I also noticed there's no option for isync in the conduit settings.

I downloaded and installed palm desktop v4.0 too.
    Someone told me when I had this problem that it was a conflict of USB drivers on the Mac OS X from having installed the old version of Wireless Modem, I believe. I could be mistaken though.

1. Hotsyncing with the Handspring provided version 4.0 will work with Treo and 10.2.3 or 10.2.4.
    2. iSync under 10.2.3 and 10.2.4 works with Treo WITHOUT missing sync.

Now, those are true. You don't know which files are conflicting on the Mac, but it is likely to be your Mac that's the source of the conflict - I think. Without hunting down the files, the best alternate option I would do for myself in your shoes would be a clean install of the OS. Followed by updating to 10.2.4, and iSync 1.0. Followed by the installation of the Handspring provided version of PalmDesktop 4.0 and Hotsync.

That's assuming you can't find the offending files. They're likely something with USB in the name, best of luck - and remember - Handspring Provided Software only. Otherwise (at least in my experience) you DO need missing sync.
    The only problem I seem to have syncing my
    300 under 10.2 is that occasionally the conduits
    seem to think that there's nothing on my Treo, so it goes about copying all apps and data back on to it and then backs it up again. Needless to say, it gets a bit time consuming and the only way I can get things functioning normally again (until the next time it messes up) is to zap the contents of the "Backup" directory under my Palm User name directory.

-A
    Originally posted by Aether
    The only problem I seem to have syncing my
    300 under 10.2 is that occasionally the conduits
    seem to think that there's nothing on my Treo, so it goes about copying all apps and data back on to it and then backs it up again. Needless to say, it gets a bit time consuming and the only way I can get things functioning normally again (until the next time it messes up) is to zap the contents of the "Backup" directory under my Palm User name directory.

-A
    Same here, that IS bizarre.
    Yeah, I have this problem, too -- except it seems to happen very often. It's incredibly annoying -- it means both that my syncs take a really long time, and that it sometimes overwrites Palm databases with the ones from my Mac (erasing preferences and/or downloaded data).

I tried calling Sprint, but all they tell me is that they don't support Macs. Does anybody have any idea about this?
    Originally posted by midlands
    Yeah, I have this problem, too -- except it seems to happen very often. It's incredibly annoying -- it means both that my syncs take a really long time, and that it sometimes overwrites Palm databases with the ones from my Mac (erasing preferences and/or downloaded data).

I tried calling Sprint, but all they tell me is that they don't support Macs. Does anybody have any idea about this?
    I keep Install and Backup off until periodically I do backup and I only activate install when i'm actually doing an install.
  9.    #9  
    Got the Mac to sync with the Treo!

Check out this thread.