Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon.. It is annoying.

They do not need a workaround anymore... Sprint seems to have the SMS issue sunder control.

Mike
  2.    #22  
    Website doesn't respond and my Treo isn't even going and trying to fetch any messages.

Mike
    Originally posted by MikeRadio
    Whatever it is, I hope it goes away soon.. It is annoying.

They do not need a workaround anymore... Sprint seems to have the SMS issue sunder control.

Mike
    Ummm......no.
    uh yeah it may be "under control" to you but SMS is still a big piece of shiznit for me. now I receive replies to smses I send but the reply is just some garbled up b.s. here take a look: "2138047264@noreply.sprintpcs.com: Received: from adsl-63-206-105-99.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (f5.nat.com [68.28.0.161])
    by cl"

what the hell is that crap?! unless... wait a minute... of course. my friend is speaking some sort of top-secret-society, coded, uber-language! and here's the translation (i'm paraphrasing): "SPRINT SUCKS AZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!"
  5.    #25  
    I got that also a few times today that same garbage.

Also, Sometimes I get something with the Phone # all 1's ande from PDAApps saying my SMS isnt configured right with a web page that is a dead part of their site.

Does anyone else ever get this or can someone tell me why it does that and what is there to configure in the 1st place?

Mike
    uh yeah it may be "under control" to you but SMS is still a big piece of shiznit for me. now I receive replies to smses I send but the reply is just some garbled up b.s. here take a look: "2138047264@noreply.sprintpcs.com: Received: from adsl-63-206-105-99.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (f5.nat.com [68.28.0.161])
    by cl"

what the hell is that crap?! unless... wait a minute... of course. my friend is speaking some sort of top-secret-society, coded, uber-language! and here's the translation (i'm paraphrasing): "SPRINT SUCKS AZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!"
  7.    #27  
    Well it is again NOT under control....

It seems Sprint is having issues.... the webiste is up and down all day... sometimes works sometimes doest at messaging.sprintpcs.com

I get messages saying I am configued wroing..it seems when a message comes from another carriers phone....

And that norpl emaila ddress is still showing up.

Other than that lol

Mike
  8.    #28  
    Another Problem I am having is when I get a message from somneone (it coems up with that norply@sprintpcs.com thing), I can no longer his REPLY to reply.

If I hit reply, the empty send message screen comes up without their number being there.

I CAN still hit call to call them.

Anyone else have this problem?
    I talked to a tier-2 Sprint tech guy yesterday who said it would be about a week, and that they were "upgrading the servers."

So I wonder if we should notify Webster's that "upgrading" is now synonymous with "fixing"?
  10.    #30  
    OH GREAT

Now it is saying that I do not subscribe to this messaging service AGAIN!

it was fixed this mornign now again it says that!

Although my SMS messages sent from to my phone with PDAApps work around do get through.

Mike

PS - What I posted earlier about not being able to reply.. it seems if something is sent from another CARRIER it doesnt work.. I can reply to myself.
  11.    #31  
    And now it is fixed and letting me send the messages!
    I can send messages from Sprint's Messaging page to my A500 & N400 and receive them in a matter of seconds. I don't receive any at all sent to my Treo.

I can receive emails sent to <mynumber>@messaging.sprintpcs.com on the A500, N400, and Treo 300. The phones receive the messages within 30 seconds. The Treo takes 15-20 minutes to get them.

I did more testing using AOL's Alert system. Alerts sent to my phones arrive within seconds. Alerts sent to the Treo arrive in 15-20 minutes.

I called Sprint's Tier 2 support and was told that the Treo 300 cannot receive messages sent from Sprint's Messaging web page, only messages sent via the email interface.

Has anyone else ever heard this?

Larry
    Originally posted by lmelamed

<snip>

I called Sprint's Tier 2 support and was told that the Treo 300 cannot receive messages sent from Sprint's Messaging web page, only messages sent via the email interface.

Larry
    Yes, that is the story. That is why most of us use Treo300SMS. Some of us even got Sprint to pay for it. There are plenty of threads on the subject. Do a search.

[Edit: Oops. I'm sorry. I misread Imerlamed's post and, of course, was referring to the sending of SMS messages]
    Last edited by Maniac8888; 02/16/2003 at 09:20 PM.
    I can send messages from Sprint's Messaging page to my A500 & N400 and receive them in a matter of seconds. I don't receive any at all sent to my Treo.
    Is this just a recent outage or have you never been able to receive them on your Treo?

No. Complete baloney.
    Is this just a recent outage or have you never been able to receive them on your Treo?
    I have never been able to send a message to my Treo 300 from Sprint's messaging site (http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/sml/guestCompose.do) to my Treo 300. Only my A500 & N400.

I can send text message via email, AOL alerts, and http://www.txtmsg.com/. I just can't send them to my Treo from Sprint's own site.

Larry
    I have never been able to send a message to my Treo 300 from Sprint's messaging site (http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/sml/guestCompose.do) to my Treo 300. Only my A500 & N400.

I can send text message via email, AOL alerts, and http://www.txtmsg.com/. I just can't send them to my Treo from Sprint's own site.
    Over how long a period have you been trying? I see you only have 2 posts. If you only got your Treo recently, this may be the reason you've never seen it work.

If you've had your Treo for awhile, it would seemingly be a problem specific to your account. Know anyone else with a Treo in your area that you can try sending a message to via the Messaging site?
    I've had it since last Tuesday. I'll get a local Sprint rep's name from my Sprint contact tomorrow for Dallas. Most of them are using the Treo and can try testing it with one of them.

Been reading this board a while, just joined it today. We've been selling the Sprint Vision solutions to businesses ever since Vision was released. Most of it's been the data connection cards. They want us to push the Treo 300 as replacements for the Blackberry's so I'm trying to get up to speed with it.

I've personally been using the Compaq iPAQ Pocket PC with the Merlin C201 card for Sprint but I'm really intriged with the Treo. It's much smaller and easier to carry everywhere. Much better battery life. It's on the verge of converting me from a Pocket PC user to a Palm user!

Thanks,
    Larry
    Originally posted by 003oret
    by cl"
    I've discovered that this is a bug in Sprint's email-to-SMS gateway that only occurs if you send it a mail message with an empty body.

Since you're clearly not technical enough to install software like sms_biff on a mail server to work around the problem, you'll just have to tell your correspondents to be sure and type at least one character in the body of SMSes they send you until Sprint fixes the bug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12