1.    #1  
    I've found that using Wesync causes fatal error when I use Find option on my Treo. (thanks to recent thread on this issue) I need to have separate work and family calendar on my Treo and share family calendar by beaming with wife's PDA. Am wondering if anyone has used Palm's Dualdate app (appears to free and compatible with OS 3.5 ). If so, how well does it work?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I use dualdate on my 300 and my wife uses it on her palm. We share our calendars every night by beaming back and forth. It works great. I can either view calendar with hers showing or without.
    Originally posted by r_chuck
    I've found that using Wesync causes fatal error when I use Find option on my Treo. (thanks to recent thread on this issue) I need to have separate work and family calendar on my Treo and share family calendar by beaming with wife's PDA.
    Where is this thread that you refer to? My wife and I use WeSync on our Samsung i300's and I was planning to buy a couple of Treo 300's soon and your comments worry me.

Scott
  4.    #4  
    The thread I referred to is the following

Fatal Error when using "Find"

I found that Wesycnc is the culprit for me when I use the global Find
  5.    #5  
    I have been using dual date for several days and found it has one major limitation for me. My wife keeps the family calendar on her TREO and I have a work calendar on my Treo plus the family calendar which she beams. Dual date does not let me make entries on her calendar on my Treo. So if I make a doctor's appt for the kids I can't put it on the family calendar and beam it to her. We Sync lets me do this, so I guess I'll keep we sync and just live with the FIND fatal error stuff until there is a better alternative.

Any ideas?
    Datebook5 lets you keep many separate calendars. I keep a personal calendar, work calendar, wife's work calendar, family calendar and can beam them between devices. You can integrate or hide individual calendars. Works for me.
    r_chuck, do you sync your Treo to Outlook using the Chapura PocketMirror Standard conduit? The reason I ask is that I've run into a problem with our new Treo 300's where neither of our Calendars will sync with Outlook. Data entered into the handheld Calendar will make its way to the WeSync server, but won't make its way to my Outlook calendar. Similarly, if I enter an appointment in Outlook, it doesn't make its way down to the handheld. I'm getting a strange error (I may be posting a thread about this soon). Based on the error messages and such, it doesn't appear to be a WeSync problem, but I'm just trying to narrow it down.

Scott
  8.    #8  
    I use Chapura pocket Mirror to sync with Outlook with no problem. My wife syncs to her palm desktop. We actually don't do any syncing with the We sync server. We had too many problems with duplicates and lost data. We now just use wesync on the TREOs and share info by beaming back and forth. It is a little extra effort, but we have had no problems with information transfer accuracy since we've done this.

MAybe it was too late at night when I tried it, but Datebook5 was pretty confusing. Or maybe I'm just to slow to figure out how to set up multiple calendars on it. (my wfe votes for the second premise)...Any tips on what the key to setting up multiple calendars on Datebk5?