1.    #1  
    Just to make it clear, I have nothing to do with this product except for being a devoted user.

For any of you that have deal with a lot of different contacts, this is the best phone app out there, bar none. It is basically a supplement to the standard Treo phone app making it much more efficient. I have to actively maintain 450 or so contacts so scrolling through lists is a pain. With TAKEphONE all I have to do is press the phone button and enter a couple letters of the persons name (first, last, company or title) and it pulls up all matches. Add a couple more letters, it narrows the search. Makes returning calls a breeze. I use this as much as I use all other Treo apps combined. Also, the author has provided the best service I have ever seen in shareware.

Click here for his web page.
    I'm a little confused. I have a Treo, hundreds of contacts, and no "Takephone" app installed. In order to call up a contact, all I have to do is start typing their last name, or first initial then last name, and the matches pop right up. I'm assuming Takephone isn't free - should I add it to Backup Buddy in my list of apps of dubious value that people like to pay for?
    Last edited by pcampbell; 02/11/2003 at 06:57 PM.
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
  3.    #3  
    If the standard app works for you, you should stick with it. For me, it doesn't come close since I have to be able to pull contacts... often by typing in part of account number, company, or other codes that are kept in custom fields and not accessible by the phone app... usually while driving. Too many contacts that change too frequently for the standard phone app to be much use, especially while driving.
    Originally posted by msetzer
    If the standard app works for you, you should stick with it. For me, it doesn't come close since I have to be able to pull contacts... often by typing in part of account number, company, or other codes that are kept in custom fields and not accessible by the phone app... usually while driving. Too many contacts that change too frequently for the standard phone app to be much use, especially while driving.
    Ah, that explains more of the advantages of the application. But, I have to say, please don't drive in Contra Costa County, California. You scare me! ;-)
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
    Originally posted by msetzer
    <snip>

often by typing in part of account number, company, or other codes that are kept in custom fields and not accessible by the phone app... usually while driving.

<snip>
    Well, that's a scary thought.
    Your are more than welcome in NYC you would blend right in!
  7.    #7  
    It's ok. I rarely hit other cars and I can't remember the last time I hit a pedestrian. Come to think of it, neither does he.
    LOL
    If you thought of that instantly, you should try out for Leno, if not, it was still good!