1.    #1  
    Hi,

Anybody have issues with HackMaster + Treo 300? I used to have HackMaster on my old Palm V, but since Handspring modified Palm OS 3.5 for their Treo's, I am rather hesitant to use it.

Any problems?

Thanks!
    I have been using x-master (same as hackmaster) with no issues that I have seen from it - that's not to say I haven't had issues...
    I can't say with absolute certainty that the hacks were not involved in the problems at all, but I removed certain apps that seemed to crash most often & replaced them with others that seem much more stable, and have had no problems since (and I am still using hacks)

IMO, it depends more on the hack itself than the hackmaster app...
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by kayden75
    I have been using x-master (same as hackmaster) with no issues that I have seen from it - that's not to say I haven't had issues...
    I can't say with absolute certainty that the hacks were not involved in the problems at all, but I removed certain apps that seemed to crash most often & replaced them with others that seem much more stable, and have had no problems since (and I am still using hacks)

IMO, it depends more on the hack itself than the hackmaster app...
    Thanks for the input. I used to have Stay Off Hack on my Palm V because the buttons were easy to press accidentally. I'm not sure if that's the case with the Treo 300.

I suspect that Stay Off Hack won't be suited to the Treo 300 because it probably won't treat the flip lid differently than the other buttons. Other similar programs I tried turned off the Treo when the flip lid was opened (since that is what it does for the 4 app buttons at the bottom).

Do you know of something similar that works for the Treo 300?

Thanks.
    I never really saw a need for the stay off hack, so I am not that familiar with exactly how it works.

The treo screen shuts automatically after a bit of time and i never really had a huge problem with accidentally hitting buttons and draining the battery (which I assume is the point of stay off hack)

did you try stay off with the 300 yet? if you are that worried about problems, just make sure you are completely backed up before installing & activating any hacks. (I use filez to set the backup bits on for all files and BackupBuddy for further protection)
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I've also been using x-master (Just like the interface better). I would also recommend installing the tweaver.prc (TrapWeaver) app that keeps system hacks from stepping on each other. It can be found here: http://www.twilightedge.com/tweaver.zip