1.    #1  
    Can I replace my memory with more memory like 32 MB? Has anyone tried?
    I really want to know too
    Sorry, but that's not possible. Apparently the limitation is due to the Dradonball processor which can only address a max of 16 MBs. If HS ever comes out with OS 5 Treo based on ARM or X-scale chips, then higher Ram multiples will more likely be possbile...
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Sorry, but that's not possible. Apparently the limitation is due to the Dradonball processor which can only address a max of 16 MBs. If HS ever comes out with OS 5 Treo based on ARM or X-scale chips, then higher Ram multiples will more likely be possbile...
    Really? How come then the other non-ARM Palm devices support more memory. Ah, must be the serial memory devices (SD card)...
    Really? How come then the other non-ARM Palm devices support more memory. Ah, must be the serial memory devices (SD card)...
    I'm not sure what you mean? Even Sony's SJ33 which uses the 66 MHz Dragonball Super VZ has 16 MBs (in fact the NZ90 only has 16 MB as well). The only other PalmOS deivce that I know of which has more than this is the Garmin iQue 3600 which has 32 MB DRAM and runs on the 150 MHz DragonBall MXL microprocessor. Furthermore, I don't think SDIO has anything to do with the memory. For example, the T|W uses Motorola Dragonball VZ 33mHz processor, just liket the Treo, yet supports SDIO and 320x320 TFT screen. From what I understand, the memory limitation is purely the result of the Dragonball VZ and nothing else including the PalmOS. Of course I may be wrong, in which case I hope soemone here else corrects me...
    I am by no means an expert, but I found this PDF online:

MC68VZ328

At the top of the third page, it states:

Each chip-select line can address up to 16 Mbytes of memory. Chip-select D0 can be configured to use the
    address space of chip-select D1 for a total address space of 32 Mbytes.

However, I am sure that Handspring has configured it at the low level to only support 16MB, so I do not think that slapping a 32MB chip in there will work. But technically the CPU has been designed to support it. As far as I can tell.
    You might be right Appleman. Perhaps there is some hardware guru out there that could enlighten us further? It would be awesome if there was some kind of software hack that could adjust such hardware settings?

In the meantime, however, has anyone used a file compression software like FlyZip to free up more RAM? Does anyone have any experience with this? Is FlyZip the best app or are there other Util that you may recomend? Also, does anyone know if its advisable to use a file compression util like FlyZip with a CPU over-clocker like FastCPU or AfterBurner. I want to know if compressing my apps and then overclocking the cpu wuld be a bad idea? Well I might know the answer to that but I'll ask anyway b/c someone here might have already tried it... thanks