1.    #1  
    A while back, several people asked about software that would disable the hard buttons so they wouldn't turn on their PDAs in a pocket or purse. I just saw this today:

=====
    Disable Buttons v1.0

Did you ever lose some data because your palm turned on for an accidental key press?

This seems to be a frequent problem, especially for users keeping their palm in a pocket of their trousers.

This tiny application allows you to disable the hard buttons (except, of course, the power button) when the palm is off.
    =====

You can download it right here. It's freeware.
    Originally posted by Fleischner
    A while back, several people asked about software that would disable the hard buttons so they wouldn't turn on their PDAs in a pocket or purse. I just saw this today:

=====
    Disable Buttons v1.0

Did you ever lose some data because your palm turned on for an accidental key press?

This seems to be a frequent problem, especially for users keeping their palm in a pocket of their trousers.

This tiny application allows you to disable the hard buttons (except, of course, the power button) when the palm is off.
    =====

You can download it right here. It's freeware.
    Not bad except that it treats the Treo's flip lid as any other button. Therefore it turns off the Treo when the flip lid is opened (bye bye phone dialer!).
    Hi,

What other button disabling utility do we have for the Treo 300?

I tried all without finding one (maybe #1 is ok except it quits after only 10 tries!):

(1) PowerOn v3.2.1 by Johnny Ixe
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...8&prodID=39126

CON: Demo version only works 10 times. Too short a time to try it out and test all buttons multiple times.

(2) Disable Buttons v1.0 by Pasquale Foggia
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...8&prodID=47316

CON: Treated flip cover as any other button, so Treo 300 turned itself off instead of keeping the speed dial application running.

(3) Power v1.1 by Peter Easton
    http://www.petereaston.com/apps.php

CON: Did not work on my Treo 300 even though he claimed it supports the Treo. Would not even run, app said it needed PalmOS 5.
    The current version of Disable Buttons v1.1 claims to be Treo-aware, and does not turn off when you open the lid. I have not tested it because my Treo is a 90.
    Originally posted by awschwab
    The current version of Disable Buttons v1.1 claims to be Treo-aware, and does not turn off when you open the lid. I have not tested it because my Treo is a 90.
    Yep, I sent the guy who wrote it an e-mail and he was kind enough to give me an update. The flip cover does not turn the Treo 300 off anymore, though the 4 buttons don't work perfectly (sometimes they'd still turn the device on... haven't figured out when).
    I have a 90, so I don't know about communicator compatibility, but Palm Off Hack works well on the 90. It diables the 4 hardware buttons, but not power or SD slot. It's shareware.
    I have mcPhling on my treo - don't know if it is the cause, but the up button (set to open the McPhling menu) allows the treo on even when Disable Buttons (1.1) is working.

Is it meant to do that or is that a bug?