1.    #1  
    well after 4 months I have decided to sell my Treo and move on... loved the device- just spending 1 3/4 hours a day commuting inmy car, I needed a bluetooth device.

Thanks for all your help over last few months, whenever I couldn't sort it out myself..

Wayno
    Which device (phone? Smartphone? PDA/phone?) will replace Treo?
    Did you find a suitable alternative with Bluetooth built-in (too bad the Tungsten W isn't Bluetooth and that you have to spend extra to get the add-on)?
    I would be very interested to know.
  3.    #3  
    I picked up a Sony ericsson p800 yesterday - so far.. I love it. Intuitive software, bluetooth, good reception, video ( mpeg4) playback, mp3's... seems to have it all..

http://www.sonyericsson.com/P800/
    Not much reason to get bluetooth for the Tungsten as it's already connected. And you can't use the SDIO slot for handfree headset bluetooth use. You need to use the headphone plug into a bluetooth transmitter.
    Between the Treo 270 and P800, I think I am more inclined to get a Treo 270. I finally realized based on my needs and usage of the Nokia 9210, I am not much on the multimedia. Well, WAV ringtones.

I never watched video on the 9210. Never did store a lot of pics either. Neither listened to audio files. So, not much need for many connectivity requirements except the GPRS (which the Treos have at this time).

I wanted the Office functionality, Web, and Email, and the keyboard. That's it.

The only thing that held me back is the negative reports earlier on the Treos. But, it appears, based on local experiences and posts here, it is not a problem every time.

I have lived with 16 MB for a year with N9210 and never felt the need to upgrade to 64 MB card. (Too bad that is a lack in Treo 270). But, I guess I have come down to a decision, finally, based on my real usage needs.

So, in reverse, it could be welcome treo for me. Do I hear, good luck, man :-)
  6.    #6  
    Ultimately, I think the treo is a PDA with a phone boltd on, where as the p800 is a phone with a PDA bolted on, and each device show's the origins of the design from where they originated. I need quality of signal and reliability of a phone over the PDA functions..
    Originally posted by Abid
    Not much reason to get bluetooth for the Tungsten as it's already connected. And you can't use the SDIO slot for handfree headset bluetooth use. You need to use the headphone plug into a bluetooth transmitter.
    Should the Tungsten W was Bluetooth-enabled out-from-the box, I would had sifted immediatly.
    The thing is that, as the Tungsten W doesn't have a built-in speaker/microphone and that I don't see myself running around with a headset with a cord all day long, I don't understand why Palm wants us to buy an extra Bluetooth pack.
    Especially that the Tungsten W is not the cheapest device around...
    dennis3232 is there a way to add BT support to the Tungsten W that will allow for support of a BT headset??
    Originally posted by hdavidson
    dennis3232 is there a way to add BT support to the Tungsten W that will allow for support of a BT headset??
    I believe so.
    I think I read something, somewhere about that (but I visit so many forums dedicated to wireless communication and mobile telephony that I can't remember exactly, just now, what it was!).
    In any case, I think that Jabra (www.jabra.com) might be a not too bad solution, as it is also for the Treo.
    The only drawback, as this forum is read worldwide, is that Jabra products are not available everywhere...
    I tried the Jabra with my Treo 270 and ended up returning it - I felt like it added to much bulk. However, I still have a Jabra that I use with my SE P800. I wish the Tungsten W had BT as I love the Palm OS and the apps supported by it but wont be stuck with a phone that require the use of a corded headset.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I considering switching from my Treo 180 to the P800.
    Virtuous
    Today, I went for the keyboard and the wider screen of the Treo 270 over the P800.
    They are both great phones and both could learn from each other.
  14.    #14  
    after 10 days, a quick assessment of the basic difference?
    1) The Treo is an organiser with a phone bolted on.
    2) the SEp800 is a phone with an organiser bolted on.

each has a major useage bias towards their origins - The p800 being a much better phone, and the treo a better organiser.
    I need a decent phone primarily, and feel I've made the right decision in switching..

Wayno
    I have a question:

I have a Treo 270 and the screen just cracked on me. I have insurance on it that will cover for a replacement. I have the option to get another Treo or another device of equal value. Should I wait for the next Treo to be released or should I try a differnet pdaphone. I was thinking about a P800 or the Motorola A760 but I'm like everyone else. After having a keyboard its hard to go back to graffiti. I never thought I would say that considering I came from using graffiti and didn't think I would every use a built in keyboard. I love the Treo.

If you had the option what would you choose to do?

I'm really considering the P800 becuase the only major reason for the keyboard is I've gotten to lazy to pull the stylus out everytime and it helps me from getting scratches and finger marks on the screen without having to buy a screen protector. And its great for typing emails. I could live without it.

Maybe I should just wait for the next Treo?
    May the lord bless you and Heaven smile upon you.
    Check out this site also for great discussions on all pdaphones.
    www.pdaphonehome.com
    Originally posted by ronaldwright
    Maybe I should just wait for the next Treo?
    That's what I'm doing... waiting for the next Treo or the device that will enhance the current Treo.
    That's the reason why I'm looking with interest at the Turngsten W (interested thread on it in this forum).

I was very hot for the Sony Ericsson P800 at time I bought my Treo 270, last summer.
    Today, because of the keyboard, and maybe the bigger Treo screen, I am not considering shifting to the P800 anymore.
    Even if I must agree it is a very good device.
    Should the P800 was relased on time, last August / September, I would have bought it instead of the Treo.
    Today, I'm happy they were late.

I think I would have the feeling to go back in time, instead of moving ahead, if I bought a device such as the P800...
    (Even if I recognize that it is much more loaded than the Treo: Bluetooth, extension slot and the lot!)
    Maybe your right but HS is taking forever. I went looking on the net for a price of the Sony P800 the cheapest I've found so far is $900.00 for a sim free phone. Here's the site.
    Sony Ericson P800 prices
    For this price I'll have to wait or spend some extra money to get it and I'm not for sure I want to do that. I'll probably just get my Treo fixed and keep it.
    May the lord bless you and Heaven smile upon you.
    Check out this site also for great discussions on all pdaphones.
    www.pdaphonehome.com