1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm still rather clueless about sending a message from my Treo 300.

I was able to send an SMS to my Treo 300 from Hotmail's web page. And now I know that the SMS app does not allow one to reply.

If I want to be able to send a message from my Treo 300... what should I look for? An SMS program (like Treo300SMS) or an e-mail program (like Eudora)?

Aren't SMSes just e-mails (limited in length) sent to <SprintPCS Phone Number)@sprint.com?

Please help!

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Originally posted by Sprinter
    Hi,

I'm still rather clueless about sending a message from my Treo 300.

I was able to send an SMS to my Treo 300 from Hotmail's web page. And now I know that the SMS app does not allow one to reply.

If I want to be able to send a message from my Treo 300... what should I look for? An SMS program (like Treo300SMS) or an e-mail program (like Eudora)?

Aren't SMSes just e-mails (limited in length) sent to <SprintPCS Phone Number)@sprint.com?

Please help!

Thanks.
    My mistake, one should send an e-mail to <SprintPCS Phone Number>@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Why then would one want a separate SMS program (like Treo300SMS) when one could use a free e-mail program such as Eudora for Palm OS?

The only reason I can see for using a Mobile-Originated SMS program is: when receiving an SMS one could reply without switching to the e-mail program. However, the notifications go to the SMS program included with Treo 300. Can the Treo be configured to have Treo300SMS receive the SMSes?