Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Howdy fellow launchers,
    (I did a quick search on this subject and found little information, not to mention that I am too lazy to do a thorough check. Sorry.)
    Please share here what launcher apps you are using and why you like them, or don't like them. I am currently using LauncherX with my Treo 270. I like LX but the tech support I understand is slow.
    Thanks, m00se
    Here a link to a previous thread on the same question:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...light=launcher
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by dennis3232
    Here a link to a previous thread on the same question:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...light=launcher
    Thanks for the link, I read the thread with great interest. However, 99% of it was dedicated to Launcher III, and I would like to solicit opinions about other launchers such as Launch Em, Launcher X, MegaLauncher, YiShow, SilverScreen, etc.
    m00se
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Hey,

Zip Zip Zip...it is fast!!! I used Silverscreen previously and it did not play well with my prism and the 8mb flash module. When I wrote them and told them about the problem, they said that there would be a fix and there wasn't. I used launcherx before and it didn't have the speed. I have used other launchers and megalauncher is the best by far.
    Cheers
  5.    #5  
    Just realized that Launcher III is now officially Launcher X
    m00se
    -Mark Twain
    Silverscreen is by far the prettiest but a bit slower. I've gotten used to it though.
    I've used them all and I choose Silverscreen as the "best".
    I love Launch'Em.

You can create tabs for different categories of apps. For example, I have Main (which is the one it defaults to, but you don't have to have a default), Docs, Palm (for the useless Palm apps, this is a hidden tab), Games, etc. The tabs can be colored and the fonts can be individually colored per tab. Tabs can be positioned top/bottom/right/left.

Copies of app launchers can be on more than one tab, so I can have Bejeweled on Games tab and on Main tab, for example.

Icons, large, or small. Columns, one, two three or list view.

Gadgets at the bottom (small buttons to which you assign a specific action) mine are: Lock and turn off, trash can, info, security, brightness control, etc. Up to 10 gadgets available.

the bottom part also has time/date/battery/free space. It can be two "lines tall", one line tall or disappeared completely.

Launch'Em 3.5 on www.synsolutions.com
    Palmgear has the latest version, 3.9

Kelley

Very intuitive and very customizable.
    I like them all, but...

LauncherX - not as much "eye candy" for me...8^) ... plus there's just something about LIII/LX that I've just never been able to get into - I can't explain it - it is just one of those "aura" kind of things...

Silverscreen - prettiest by far, but lacks some of the functionality of LX and ML4

Megalauncher 4.0 - the fastest I think and closest in functionality to LX. HOWEVER, using my Prism and Memplug, ML4 will NOT display any of the built-in PITech apps on the module! What gives there?!

If it weren't for that last issue, ML4 would be my choice...

Anybody seen that problem and have a solution?
    Originally posted by headgamer
    HOWEVER, using my Prism and Memplug, ML4 will NOT display any of the built-in PITech apps on the module!
    Given how useful some of the built-in apps are, I would call this a "feature"
    A launcher that I never saw mentioned anywhere and that seems interesting because it has a built-in Today page: Facer (http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...5&prodID=43849).

I'm currently trying it to see if I like it better than my favorite Launcher X (http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...15&prodID=1284).

One thing that I already don't like too much is that there is only one category tab on screen at any one time, and that you need to manually select another one from a drop-down list to move from tab to tab.

Worth the try though...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    LauncherX has several skins where there is a row of tabs.

LX is nice, but I went back to LIII because it has all the features I regularly use and doesn't waste any screen real estate.
    be very carefull with launcherx no support they never answer emails

fred
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    From what I heard, they used to be pretty good. Probably got too busy. LX never gave me a problem - Prism w/MemPlug+128MB CF - so I never needed to contact them myself. Their FAQ is pretty good:
    http://www.launcherx.com/support/faq.cfm
    you are right when i had launcher with my prism there never was a problem. but since launcherx came out never was able to get them to answer an email let alone try to fix my problem and yes i did use that link and nothing also tried contacting bodzair and still nothing . i will be very cautious buying a product with no support.

Fred
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by sp660
    Has anybody tried TealLaunch ?
    Never have. Write a summary for us here after you are done playing with it.
    m00se
    -Mark Twain
    speaking of lancher apps. I use lauch em, but the only time i see it now is if i make a mistake.

with treo buttons and switcheroo, there is realloy no need.

anyone else finding the same thing?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yup same here. I launch everything with Switcheroo and EasyLaunch (with the buttons).

Originally posted by Felipe
    speaking of lancher apps. I use lauch em, but the only time i see it now is if i make a mistake.

with treo buttons and switcheroo, there is realloy no need.

anyone else finding the same thing?
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    i tried hierlauncher on my neo and loved it. well... until it went into a loop and i had to reset boot, twice because it wouldn't go away.

guess i'll go with megalauncher - it hasn't given me any problems whatsoever.
    How do i get switcharoo to work on my treo 300, when i draw the space line with reco echo graffiti i look for the app to come up but nothing happens?

Thanx's
    1. LOVE GOD WITH ALL OUR HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH. 2. AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OUR SELF. (even when it's tough, This is Perfection).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast