My credit union offers wireless web access. The registration page even had the Treo 300 listed as an option to select. But when trying to access the credit union site from my Treo I get an error message, saying "my unit is not secure enough."

Is there a setting on the Treo 300 which needs to be adjusted in order to access a "secure" web site such as the credit union? Thanks for your suggestions.
    The Treo 300 supports 128-bit ssl encryption. Unless you inadvertently removed the SSL library from your Treo, the problem is likely to be that the webmaster at your credit union has not truly setup the site correctly to work with Blazer.

Handspring publishes a guide to Blazer in its developer site which lists the tags that the webmaster should be checking for when identifying the incoming browser client identifier tag. Get them to use this reference and their server should start to let thru Blazer sessions.

Note: if you installed Eudora mail application you will overwrite the built-in ssl library with an older version. Installing Treo Mail is one way to re-assert it.
    Thanks for you help. I do have Eudora mail installed. Wonder if there are any other work arounds?
    Upon reflection I think the Eudora issue is an aside - you would only see a problem if you installed Eudora after Treo Mail and only then when using Treo Mail as it uses the later encryption library.

I suggest contacting the webmaster of the CU to verify that their server side scripts are allowing the browser tag for Blazer to be accepted for secure transactions.
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    Upon reflection I think the Eudora issue is an aside - you would only see a problem if you installed Eudora after Treo Mail and only then when using Treo Mail as it uses the later encryption library.

I suggest contacting the webmaster of the CU to verify that their server side scripts are allowing the browser tag for Blazer to be accepted for secure transactions.
    Interesting info, Poryphryon. I'll have stick than in my email apps buying guide. If you install Eudora first, and then Treo Mail, does SSL encryption still work in Eudora afterwards? Are its capabilities improved (e.g. does it suddenly work with a larger variety of root certificates)?