1.    #1  
    Any recommendations? I need -

IMAP over SSL (a must)
    CRAM-MD5 authentication (optional)
    SMTP authentication not required

All the mail clients I've tried try to download the messages in their entirety or get some kind of "preview" of the message. I'd rather the app just download the headers.

Also, are there any that support custom fonts, or a small fontset?

I've tried,
    Eudora EIS Mail
    tapmail_ee
    papiMail

And a few others.. but all of them seem to be missing features..
    Originally posted by ragweed
    Any recommendations? I need -

IMAP over SSL (a must)
    CRAM-MD5 authentication (optional)
    SMTP authentication not required

All the mail clients I've tried try to download the messages in their entirety or get some kind of "preview" of the message. I'd rather the app just download the headers.

Also, are there any that support custom fonts, or a small fontset?

I've tried,
    Eudora EIS Mail
    tapmail_ee
    papiMail

And a few others.. but all of them seem to be missing features..
    Hey, thanks for the heads-up on tapmail. I wasn't familiar with that one. I've added it to my Palm OS Email Apps Buying Guide.

I certainly am on board your your insistence on SSL encryption for your IMAP transactions. I insist on end-to-end SSL encryption of my POP3 transactions, so Eudora Internet Suite is my only option.

Scanning my guide, it looks like the only apps that support IMAP over SSL are PaPi-Mail, which you've already tried, and Gopher King.

Of course with Gopher King it's only their proxy server that's using SSL-encrypted IMAP to talk with your real mail server. This means you have to feed them your password. I would hope (but am not sure) that when talking to the Gopher King (web) server that SSL encryption is an option. Not sure what the case is if you use their PQA rather than a web browser on your Treo.