Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I am having trouble getting PQAs to work on my Treo300.

I've installed the web clipping libraries (Clipper, iNetLib, WebLibrary, SecurityLibrary, Wireless) necessary to use the PQAs on a non-Palm VII device. I've confirmed that I installed the correct version for my Palm O/S.

When I try to access any PQA, after sitting in "Connecting" status for 30 seconds, I receive the following error message: "Your handheld could not connect to the server. Wait a few minutes and try again. (iNet 1410)". I receive the same message for any PQA I attempt to access.

Thinking that the issue MUST be with the web clipping libraries, I've attempted to delete them from my Treo and download them again. However, when I attempt to delete iNetLib, WebLibrary, or SecurityLibrary, I receive an error message ("Unable to delete Library").

Don't know if it is relevant, but I run the Launch'em browser.

I'm thoroughly confused. Any help would be appreciated.
    Try this:

Go to: Prefs>Wireless. Tap the IP address next to "Proxy". This will bring up an "Edit Proxy" window. Tap default. This will change the IP address. Try connecting again using one of your PQAs.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Appleman,

Great advice. Seems to be working just fine now. Many thanks!
    No problem
    I downloaded the PQA stuff about a month ago. Most of the apps I have downloaded work fine. Some dont. I was looking at APPLEMAN's fix to the fellow who was having trouble-going to default on the wireless proxy. When I set my PQA deal up someone had me set 206.112.114.83 in the proxy window. Is this not the correct setting for that window? Plse explain.
    From what I can gather here, it appears that there are two production proxy servers and 2 development proxy servers.

206.112.114.83 is the IP of Content-dev2.palm.net, obviously a development server. There is also 206.112.114.83 which is Content-dev.palm.net.

63.97.179.2 and 63.97.179.31 are Production Servers 1 and 2 respectively.

It also appears that the dev servers do not support some sort of iMessenger function, not sure what that is, and that the dev servers could be up and down, depending what Palm is doing.

I would assume that the production servers are what a person should be using.
    should I go back to the default proxy server? ALso, If I do this and for some reason it doesnt work well can I simply go back and reinsert the one I mentioned above? Will anly damage be done to the PQA's ? I went to lots of trouble to get where I am. Thanks again.
    There should be no problem with doing that. It is just a preference. If it doesn't work, just change it back.
    Hi,

I've been having problems with some PQAs I downloaded from PalmGear.com:

1) MapQuest -- not really a problem but it only lets me find directions from one address to another. What if I just want to map an address? The only place I can do that with MapQuest is to go to www.palm.com/webbrowser/internet.html then select the Information link, then MapQuest. That version only maps an address, but no directions.

2) Yahoo People Search does not seem to work. Does this work for anyone else? I enter a common last name and state but nothing comes up. That can't be.

3) USA Today -- errors

4) FedEx -- claims can't connect to their server. Could the PQA be out of date?

I do like the moviefone PQA though!
    Hi,

For some reasons my PQAs are all in black-and-white. They were colors earlier. I already did a hard reset and reinstalled. What's up?
    Originally posted by Sprinter
    Hi,

I've been having problems with some PQAs I downloaded from PalmGear.com:

1) MapQuest -- You can only do what the app lets you.

2) Yahoo People Search does not seem to work. - Probably not supported anymore.
    3) USA Today -- errors. Probably not supported anymore.

4) FedEx -- claims can't connect to their server. Could the PQA be out of date? - Not supported??

I do like the moviefone PQA though!
    PQAs are an old technology in a sense and were desinged for the Palm VII serires. They are generally a front-end to access data stored on an internet server. So, normally with Mapquest, you visit their site and you are given an interface in which to perform your query. With a PQA, that front-end interface is in the form of an app, and is not dynamic. It is the interface as it was originally designed. Since the Palm VIIs were not that popular and I don't think the newer i705 is either, a lot of the PQA's haven't been updated. If you have some that don't work, it's probably because the company has changed the way that data is accessed, and the PQA hasn't been updated to reflect that.
    Hi,

For some reasons my PQAs are all in black-and-white. They were colors earlier. I already did a hard reset and reinstalled. What's up?
    I don't believe this is the case. PQA's were never designed to be color. As noted above, they were designed for the Palm VII and i705, both non-color devices. Search around in the Treo 300 section, I believe other people have complained that the PQAs aren't color.
    Originally posted by Appleman

I don't believe this is the case. PQA's were never designed to be color. As noted above, they were designed for the Palm VII and i705, both non-color devices. Search around in the Treo 300 section, I believe other people have complained that the PQAs aren't color.
    Hi,

Yeah, I realized that later on. I just started playing with my new Treo 300 today and must have fooled myself into thinking that they were in color earlier.

Do Moviefone, Mapquest, etc. have a version of their web page suitable for mobile devices (just like MSN, Yahoo, etc do)?
    Sprinter,

Try using directory assistant. It's probably one of the most useful pqa's for white pages and yellow pages searches as well as linking your search results to mapquest for directions:

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/

I use the fedex pqa often and it works very well.

http://palmgear.com/software/showsof...5&prodID=13022
    Do Moviefone, Mapquest, etc. have a version of their web page suitable for mobile devices (just like MSN, Yahoo, etc do)?
    Mapquest: http://www.mapquest.com/pda/main.adp - this has both maps and directions.

Moviephone - http://palm.moviefone.com/main.adp
    Has anyone been successful with the yodlee pqa? I get "inet 1410" errors with the production servers and "not supported" errors with the development servers. I thought it worked once but perhaps I as dreaming.

Another possiblity is a direct wap access to the yodlee site. Does anyone know what thay may be? They have access for wap phones so I suspect the connection to www.yodlee.com gets re-directed when they realize you are on a wap phone. When I tried with blazer on the treo I get the normal site which requires javascript.

Thanks, -Juan
    Hi,

How do I uninstall the 5 files needed to support PQAs?

Clipper 3.2
    iNetLib 3.2
    Weblibrary 3.2
    Securitylibrary 3.2
    Wireless 1.0

I installed them on my old Palm V just so I could beam them to my Treo 300 (did not have a computer with USB available at that time). Now I want to remove them from my Palm V but I could not remove some of them (I think wireless and maybe one more).

How do I delete them? It isn't like deleting an application program because they're loaded and running after I did the soft reset.

Thanks.
    Hi,

How do I uninstall the 5 files needed to support PQAs?

Clipper 3.2
    iNetLib 3.2
    Weblibrary 3.2
    Securitylibrary 3.2
    Wireless 1.0

I installed them on my old Palm V just so I could beam them to my Treo 300 (did not have a computer with USB available at that time). Now I want to remove them from my Palm V but I could not remove some of them (I think wireless and maybe one more).

How do I delete them? It isn't like deleting an application program because they're loaded and running after I did the soft reset.

Thanks.
    Ah... now I remember. do a WARM reset first.
    Originally posted by Appleman
    There've been multiple posts complaining that a particular PQA was advertised to be in color and/or appeared that way in screenshots, yet is not on the Treo:

• eBay
    • Mobile Web
    • Netspring (actually this one doesn't explicitly claim that color was advertised, but I found a download page for the software that does advertise this)
    • Vagabond
    This post claims that PQAs can appear in color on the Samsung SPH-i300. I suspect the poster's theory is correct that a special version of the Web Clipping libraries is required for color support. It's possible that the copy of the libraries available officially from Palm in the Mobile Internet Kit support color. The 3.2 version that most people suggest downloading from weird third-party sources like golddave.com clearly do not support color.

If the latest version from Palm doesn't support color, then it may indeed be that a custom version was developed for the Samsung unit, and it may be compatible with the Treo -- someone would have to try the experiment.
    As I stated in another thread somewhere, Palm made several small but significant improvements to the PQA concept with OS4. I believe that color support may have been one of those. I own a Samsung i300 and none of my PQAs are in color. I just tried the ebay PQA (nice, BTW) and it wasn't in color. The i300 is OS 3.5.2.

Scott
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast