Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    The past couple weeks, my phone service on my Treo 300 in usually strong signal areas has become flaky.

    1) Incoming calls don't ring or vibrate, but go into Voicemail.

    2) When I try to call out to check my voicemail - I get a message with two buttons to Dismiss or Redial and re-dialing brings up the same message every time.

    3) Then I use the power button to get a Goodbye and then a Welcome and the phone immediate announces that I have Voicemails which I can then get.

    4) Today, I could call out fine but incoming calls would not ring or vibrate on my phone even when the calling phone was a few feet away - outgoing worked and incoming didn't between my Treo 300 and another nearby standard office line phone.

    The only way the phone service is usable is if I regularly go through the Goodbye/Welcome, and then only for outgoing calls!

    I would be grateful for any suggestions or advice.

    Many thanks.

    Regards,

    NateS

    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  2. #2  
    1) Incoming calls don't ring or vibrate, but go into Voicemail.

    2) When I try to call out to check my voicemail - I get a message with two buttons to Dismiss or Redial and re-dialing brings up the same message every time.

    3) Then I use the power button to get a Goodbye and then a Welcome and the phone immediate announces that I have Voicemails which I can then get.
    i'm having the same problem. i haven't been able to figure out why. also, not receiving text messages (suprise suprise)...
  3. #3  
    You have probably tried this, but do a soft reset. There is a reset button (recessed) on the back of the Treo. You will not loose data (data loss only happens on a hard reset were you have to hold the power button too, it also prompts you be for the hard reset).

    Anyway.... I had an issue with using the contact book, if I picked a number it would dial it, the screen would go white, unknown to me the call would still be going through and then I would get an network error message with dismiss or hang up. The soft reset fixed my issues with that.

    Good luck, Matt Burkhard
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    You have probably tried this, but do a soft reset. There is a reset button (recessed) on the back of the Treo. You will not loose data (data loss only happens on a hard reset were you have to hold the power button too, it also prompts you be for the hard reset).
    . . .
    The soft reset fixed my issues with that.

    Good luck, Matt Burkhard
    Thanks but I have done this many times - it doesn't help.

    Hoping for other great minds to chime in here to help me!

    Surely I am not the only one with this problem?

    Regards,

    NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  5. #5  
    Have you installed some software like Agendus or another address book replacement? If you are sorting by company name, you may have messed up the caller id functionality of the phone and it is getting confused. Go into the contacts view of PhoneBook and toggle to Sort by Last name, first name and back. This will rebuild the name index that is used by the speed dial.

    Applications like Ringo, TC Ringer and Picturecaller ID can also interfere with caller ID by causing a long delay when you have many associations with individuals in your address book.

    Of course, if these items fail, you know that your best recource is to hard reset the phone as a former poster suggested. That at least eliminates the possibility of extra software that you installed. If you still have a problem when no software has been restored, you probably have a faulty account setup from Sprint or a faulty 300.

    You should also try the phone in other locations, could be that Sprint is doing maintenance in your area.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    Have you installed some software like Agendus or another address book replacement? If you are sorting by company name, you may have messed up the caller id functionality of the phone and it is getting confused. Go into the contacts view of PhoneBook and toggle to Sort by Last name, first name and back. This will rebuild the name index that is used by the speed dial.

    Applications like Ringo, TC Ringer and Picturecaller ID can also interfere with caller ID by causing a long delay when you have many associations with individuals in your address book.

    Of course, if these items fail, you know that your best recource is to hard reset the phone as a former poster suggested. That at least eliminates the possibility of extra software that you installed. If you still have a problem when no software has been restored, you probably have a faulty account setup from Sprint or a faulty 300.

    You should also try the phone in other locations, could be that Sprint is doing maintenance in your area.
    I appreciate your suggestions. This is definitely not a caller ID problem but occurs no matter who the caller is. It is for example very odd when I can sit next to my office phone and call it from my Treo and it works, but call my Treo from my office phone and nothing happens.

    I will try turning TC Ringer and Picturecaller ID off for a few days I guess and see if that's it. I use Agendus but everything has been sorted and re-sorted on lastname/firstname.

    Hate to do a hard reset and then start adding in all my many apps and hacks one at a time but might have to resort to that reluctantly.

    Regards,

    NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by NateS
    The past couple weeks, my phone service on my Treo 300 in usually strong signal areas has become flaky.

    1) Incoming calls don't ring or vibrate, but go into Voicemail.

    2) When I try to call out to check my voicemail - I get a message with two buttons to Dismiss or Redial and re-dialing brings up the same message every time.

    3) Then I use the power button to get a Goodbye and then a Welcome and the phone immediate announces that I have Voicemails which I can then get.

    4) Today, I could call out fine but incoming calls would not ring or vibrate on my phone even when the calling phone was a few feet away - outgoing worked and incoming didn't between my Treo 300 and another nearby standard office line phone.

    The only way the phone service is usable is if I regularly go through the Goodbye/Welcome, and then only for outgoing calls!

    I would be grateful for any suggestions or advice.

    Many thanks.

    Regards,

    NateS

    I am beginning to suspect the demo version of TreoPictureCallerID. I went into Apps and found it and that the demo time had expired, but it was still set to Enabled I believe. So I set it to Disabled.

    In addition, at the same time I changed TCRinger to "Inactive" and although I have not re-activated TCRinger, it appears to function normally! I'm not sure how this could be, but I am still getting incoming calls and with assigned ringtones!

    So although I more strongly suspect the demo of TreoPictureCallerID as the culprit, I am pleased with the fact that my Treo has been receiving incoming calls for several days now, without my constantly going through "GoodBye and "Welcome" with the power button!

    I would buy TreoPictureCallerID if I was sure that the paid version would not screw up my Treo receiving incoming phone calls. Anyone using it successfully and without incident?

    Regards,

    NateS
    Treo 600 - what a "Marvel"ous device!
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by NateS


    I am beginning to suspect the demo version of TreoPictureCallerID. I went into Apps and found it and that the demo time had expired, but it was still set to Enabled I believe. So I set it to Disabled.

    In addition, at the same time I changed TCRinger to "Inactive" and although I have not re-activated TCRinger, it appears to function normally! I'm not sure how this could be, but I am still getting incoming calls and with assigned ringtones!

    So although I more strongly suspect the demo of TreoPictureCallerID as the culprit, I am pleased with the fact that my Treo has been receiving incoming calls for several days now, without my constantly going through "GoodBye and "Welcome" with the power button!

    I would buy TreoPictureCallerID if I was sure that the paid version would not screw up my Treo receiving incoming phone calls. Anyone using it successfully and without incident?

    Regards,

    NateS
    Yup, works great here. Besides, PDAapps has a reputation of testing their stuff out pretty well and if this were a problem it would have been spotted long ago.

Posting Permissions