1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I just installed maxTEXT (trial version for Treo). When I asked the software to retreive all messages, I got a "Fatal Alert" message that says "StringMgr.c, Line:113, NULL string passed." I had to soft reset the Treo. I repeated it several times and I always get the same message. Can anyone tell me what this means and how to solve the problem?
    Thanks
    Probably something wrong with your sms messages. Try deleting all sms messages and then run maxtext again.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you.
    I think your suggestion temporarily solved my problem. I deleted all my messages from Handspriing's original SMS software. Only then was maxtext able to go through message retreival. The other problem, however, is that I am not able to make maxtext my default software for messages. Any message I get goes directly to the original software and, again, maxtext causes a Fatal Alert. Is there a way to make maxtext my default software (where is the Settings of maxtext)?
    Thank you very much in advance
    I'm afraid there's no way to make maxtext the default. Do what I do. Use the original handspring sms software, which is pretty good, for most functions, but use maxtext to send group sms messages. Just remember not to switch to inbox when in maxtext and you won't crash.
  5.    #5  
    Well, I think I got the solution to these crashes. I went through the "read me" file of maxtext. It says the followoing: if you experience a problem running maxtext, uninstall maxtext, delete all messages from HS's softare, then reinstall maxtext and Bingo (this is mine) maxtext should run smoothly).
    Actually, I did like they said and now I can open the Inbox in maxtext without having the crash.
    I hope this will help.
    Thank you
    When I ran my copy, and use it to send, I get the error below

"Oh oh! I am so sorry -but I cannot reach a phone by the port.

Please check if it's on and activated."

This is with the header "The Wireless Port says:". What port is that? There is nothing much to configure in this program. And I haven't found out yet how to send to a group. I have deleted all my old SMS on all the folders of SMS-Treo just to ensure there wouldn't be any problem.

Pls. advise.
    Originally posted by ManofTrueGod
    When I ran my copy, and use it to send, I get the error below

"Oh oh! I am so sorry -but I cannot reach a phone by the port.

Please check if it's on and activated."

This is with the header "The Wireless Port says:". What port is that? There is nothing much to configure in this program. And I haven't found out yet how to send to a group. I have deleted all my old SMS on all the folders of SMS-Treo just to ensure there wouldn't be any problem.

Pls. advise.
    Make sure you are using the version for Treo (the zipped file is called Treo_GSM.zip).
    Well, I just reinstalled it and did no tweaking, and it just ran except for deleting entries in the bundled Treo SMS software. Thanks.