1.    #1  
    My 270 (cingular) keeps turning itself on every few minutes, stay lit up for 2-3 mn (with lid closed) then dark, then repeats process few minutes later ! Spooky ! I have to open the lid and close it again to shut off the backlight... I had recently installed shareware downloads, Xmaster, Okey, fingerdial, Xlaunch, but got rid of these unnecessary silly apps, did a soft reset, but the dang thing keeps lighting up ! Anybody knows anything about this ?
    From a previous thread on this website, I learned that a pending SMS can cause such a problem. Check if you have any messages in the pending folder.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you Asimal, as a matter of fact, I did have a pending SMS , I have cleared this and it seems this resolved my problem for now, will keep all posted if this si indeed the solution
  4.    #4  
    Yes this was the problem ! No more ghost in the machine !! Thank you.
    First, Thanks Asimal. I also had a pending message in SMS.

I would like to add, that the pending message was completely empty, no "To" or "Body". I guess at some time I pressed new and then moved on to another application and an empty message was created.

Cheers
    TheActuary
    Do you use TreoSMS, by the way? Or the built-in SMS app?

- m
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Originally posted by asimal
    From a previous thread on this website, I learned that a pending SMS can cause such a problem. Check if you have any messages in the pending folder.
    Wow, that solved it for me also. I never would have figured that out! Thanks!