1.    #1  
    Yesterday I was at the Silicon Valley Palm Users Group (SVPUG)monthly meeting at Palmsource headquarters and there were two gentlemen from PDA Apps who showed off the new version of Verichat. I though I'd share what I saw.

The new version of Verichat has a much improved UI and many more bells and whistles such as color support in the chat window and graphical emoticons, user definable pre-canned messages and such. It has native ICQ support and guess what.... file transfer support!! This thing apparently automatically converts files from PC formats to Palm formats and visa-versa on the fly during the transfer. That was a big wow for me.

Another big enhancement from my perspective was email, and I was told that the new version can launch 20 different email programs that they have tested with.

Obviously, I wanted that new version right away. The PDA Apps folks said that the new version would be available "real soon now".
    Very cool! I can hardly wait!
    Thanks for the update!

Greg
    Yay for ICQ support - can't wait to see - sounds awesome!
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    Although not nearly as cool as the other enhancements mentioned above, PDAApps told me that the new version also adds the autocaps feature currently missing.

Geoffrey
  5.    #5  
    FYI,

I just noticed a new version of MarknDial at PalmGear that supports hyperlinks for phone numbers in Verichat.
    Originally posted by treo_fanatic
    Yesterday I was at the Silicon Valley Palm Users Group (SVPUG)monthly meeting at Palmsource headquarters and there were two gentlemen from PDA Apps who showed off the new version of Verichat. I though I'd share what I saw.
    How does one belong to the SVPUG?
    Oh, yes: Thanks for the update
    m00se
    Originally posted by treo_fanatic
    .... file transfer support!! This thing apparently automatically converts files from PC formats to Palm formats and visa-versa on the fly during the transfer.
    I'd really like more information on this. Considering most apps need some sort of conversion conduit running on the PC. Also, there has to be a limit to the types of files. Are we talking jpegs, docs, zip etc.
    Wondering how soon "real soon now" is?
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by m00se

How does one belong to the SVPUG?
    Oh, yes: Thanks for the update
    m00se
    The SVPUG Web Site is at: http://www.svpug.com/ and has instructions on how to join, etc.

Other PUGs around the world can be located at:

http://www.interpug.com/palmsource/find/
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by Appleman

I'd really like more information on this. Considering most apps need some sort of conversion conduit running on the PC. Also, there has to be a limit to the types of files. Are we talking jpegs, docs, zip etc.
    I believe that they have a full featured conversion server that understands Palm and PC formats for most types and vendors (Docs2Go, QuickOffice, SplashPhoto).
    Good point. I momentarily forgot that all communications pass through that server, so it wouldn't take much to convert. I might actually have to buy this now, with these newer features. As long as the price remains the same.