1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to get Avantgo to do periodic connects to the server and update its material.

This would be key as it would allow me to get basic everyday info without having to wade through blazer.
    Originally posted by kwsmith2
    Is there anyway to get Avantgo to do periodic connects to the server and update its material.
    Not as far as I know.
    What I do is that I click on the 'refresh screen' icon. Avantgo connects to its server and download the latest updates.
    (I've got GPRS on)
    Originally posted by dennis3232

Not as far as I know.
    What I do is that I click on the 'refresh screen' icon. Avantgo connects to its server and download the latest updates.
    (I've got GPRS on)
    You can either refresh screen, or sync to server. The only drawback to that is it can be time-consuming if you have a lot of bookmarks.
    If you are on the road, the 'Refresh Screen' option is viable only you have a GPRS connection: it is fast enough and not too costly (depending of your plan and the part of the world you live in, of course!).
    I can't imagine downloading a news site thru Avantgo with a basic GSM connection...
    Sounds like a job for Crony . Freeware, well-reviewed too. Haven't tried it myself tho so I can't vouch for its usefulness.

Regards