1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. I decided to install AIM on my Treo. It installed fine but about 5 hours later my Treo had a fatal error. Unfortunately I had to do a hard reset to clear it. I called Sprint customer service and talked to a tech and without even telling him what I had installed on it, he told me that it sounded like AIM. I waited a day with no more errors and tried to re-install AIM and about an hour after that it once again crashed. After that I learned my lesson and erased it off of my computer. I have reluctantly installed Verichat and for the past 2 days have had no problems with that. I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the same problem? Thanks.
    Yes there have been alot of AIM issues and the 300. If you search the forum for AIM you'll see......
    and after you decide to remove AIM - look at verichat - It has been amazingly stable for me while allowing multiple chat services (MSN,YAHOO) at the same time. It costs a bit of $$, but in my mind it was well worth it!
    Just wonering... I've been meaning to install aol anywhere for PDA's on my 300. Is this having the same problems as AIM? I'm not even really interested in chatting all that much; I just want access to my aol mail. Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Joe
    Originally posted by Cutlass80R2
    Just wonering... I've been meaning to install aol anywhere for PDA's on my 300. Is this having the same problems as AIM? I'm not even really interested in chatting all that much; I just want access to my aol mail. Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Joe
    Are you refering to AOL 3.0 for palm?
    This app works very well on the treo! Unfortunatley it's not free!
    If you need to access your email and it is a private (not free) email address you can download eudora for free and it comes with a web browser also. Not a very good one however, but the mail program works great! I can get my sprint email in just seconds using eudora.You cannot retrieve AOL mail via Eudora.
    Your best bet is AOL for palm v3
    http://handango.com/PlatformProduct...=0&platformId=1
    Last edited by aknar; 02/07/2003 at 01:30 PM.
    Huh. I've been using AIM on my Treo 300 almost since the day I got it, no issues here...
    It may not be an AIM issue alone, but possibly the way it interacts with other apps. There have been numerous complaints of people having tons of problems (myself being one of them).

In fact, many times I ended up having to hard-reset because even the soft-reset wouldn't get me out of the error loop.

what you are probably thinking is "if it is the interaction with another app that is the problem, why not fix the other app?"

well the easiest answer I can give to that is the day I pulled AIM off my treo was the last un-intentional hard-reset I've had to do. There seem to be no other problems since, and the fact that I have the stable verichat that allows multiple sessions and receipt of IM's while not even in the app makes me not even give a second thought to the loss of AIM.
    same for me, no problems with aim.
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  10.    #10  
    "what you are probably thinking is "if it is the interaction with another app that is the problem, why not fix the other app?""

I thought of this, the only problem was... I had no other apps on my treo, besides the one that came pre-installed, when I re-installed AIM. So, in my case, it made no difference.

From what I hear from Computer tech's and IT people, AOL in general is not good for computers, so why would anyone want it?
    Yeah, I was thinking of Aol for Palm 3.0. I didn't realize it wasn't free! ;-(
    Lol... not that expensive though; guess I might get it since aol is my primary email account (hey, it's a free account... I know, aol sucks... but its free!).
    Thanks for the info that it works good with the treo. I'll let you all know if I have any problems with it.
    Joe