1.    #1  
    Often when I go to download new mail (TreoMail redirector version) or try to surf a web site (Xiino) I get a message that says it could not connect or mail servers unavailable, etc. In fact, the data connection is "off" but these programs don't seem to know it. I typically keep trying to connect and eventually the program seems to register that it has to log on to sprint first. Do others have this problem where you have to try several times to connect because the software (or Treo) doesn't know it's not data connected? Any fixes? Thanks.
    same problem here. i just gave up on finding the solution. now I just have all my apps default to disconnect on exit. this saves battery and also it only take a few seconds anyways.
    NT
    It seems that Blazer is smarter than third-party apps about knowing when the data connection needs connecting, so if I'm getting repeated failures to connect with, say, Xiino or Eudora, I'll switch over to Blazer and try to load a page.
    Originally posted by Dan Harkless
    It seems that Blazer is smarter than third-party apps about knowing when the data connection needs connecting, so if I'm getting repeated failures to connect with, say, Xiino or Eudora, I'll switch over to Blazer and try to load a page.
    I just had to do something similar last night... tried to do a manual check in SnapperMail, it wouldn't connect, so I went to Blazer, connected, then went back to SnapperMail and it was fine.

Are some of the connection problems also due to Sprint having a lot of problems with Vision lately?
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Originally posted by Robert K.
    Are some of the connection problems also due to Sprint having a lot of problems with Vision lately?
    Possibly, but the behavior of apps sometimes not knowing when the data connection is inactive has been the same for me since I got my Treo in October.
    I get this problem with SnapperMail many times a day.