1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problems as I was on my Treo 270...

When using Launcher X, I tap on a program icon but it opens up a completely different program. This happens on almost all of the icons. I will hit "refresh" and still the same problem. It is not consistent though. Sometimes it works ok, other times it doesn't.

Any suggestions?
    Hey,

Try deleting the preferences for launcher x. Use a program such as filez to do so. It happened to me too often that's why I use Mega Launcher. They have a new version and it's cool. Nice background picture support with a transparent interface so you can use the buttons on top of the picture. It's hard to explain but cool.
    Cheers
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply. I have Filez and tryed looking for the preferences but could not find them. I only found LauncherX data and LauncherX cache.

I will give Megalauncher a shot too.
    Hey,

Delete Launcher X cache.
    Cheers
  5.    #5  
    Hmm. I deleted it but am still having problems...weird. Too bad because I really liked LauncherX.

MegaLauncher looks pretty sweet. I might give that a shot tonight and see how it works. How is it compared to Launcher X?

Thanks.
    Hey,

I have a visor prism and Launcher X did not work with my 8mb flash module like I wanted it to. Also MegaLauncher is much faster then LauncherX. Their background pic feature is nice. It has an option to make the buttons transparent so you can see the picture around the buttons. I especially like the contextual menus for the programs.
    Cheers
    Off Topic -

I just downloaded LauncerX and love the interface, I am a new Treo user. I did find one thing that I did not like and was wondering if there is a solution to this. I love the signal strength meter and i can't figure out how to get this in LauncherX.

Thanks
    Originally posted by MarinoFAN
    Off Topic -

I just downloaded LauncerX and love the interface, I am a new Treo user. I did find one thing that I did not like and was wondering if there is a solution to this. I love the signal strength meter and i can't figure out how to get this in LauncherX.
    Easy answer:
    You cannot!

This is surely something the developers of Launcher X should implement in their next upgrade.
    Originally posted by visorprismman
    I use Mega Launcher. They have a new version and it's cool. Nice background picture support with a transparent interface so you can use the buttons on top of the picture. It's hard to explain but cool.
    I found the following review for MegaLauncher on PalmGear:
    The launcher has a good feel to it but is slower and much more bulky than LauncherX.They advertise 300K butyou will end up at 450K before you skin it.
    05-Feb-03 by Kenneth Pilgreen
    What do you think?
  10.    #10  
    As far as Launcher X goes, I had problems with it on my 270 and have abandoned it. I did here that they are working on a skin that will show signal strength.

I played around with a few other launchers: zLauncher, Megalauncher, Today and SilverScreen. I have decided to go with SilverScreen. It does not have everything I am looking for, but enough to keep me happy.

As a side note:

There are a bunch of great battery meter programs out there, but is there a program that is a signal meter for the Treo? Something with a little more detail other than the 5 bars we all see would be awesome. Anyone know of anything?
    Originally posted by lynch
    I played around with a few other launchers: zLauncher, Megalauncher, Today and SilverScreen. I have decided to go with SilverScreen. It does not have everything I am looking for, but enough to keep me happy.
    You might want to give Launch'Em 3.9 a whirl. You can find it on Palmgear. Tabs to categorize apps, different colors for tabs and fonts, "gadgets" at bottom for short cuts....etc...
    I am liking ML 4.0 as well, but cannot get the PITech apps on my Memplug to show up at all on my Prism. Has anyone noticed the same problem, and if so, found a solution? I sent email to Megasoft 2000, but they never replied.
    I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problems as I was on my Treo 270...

When using Launcher X, I tap on a program icon but it opens up a completely different program. This happens on almost all of the icons. I will hit "refresh" and still the same problem. It is not consistent though. Sometimes it works ok, other times it doesn't.

Any suggestions?
    Was this a purchased copy of Launcher X?

This is from the FAQ:

Launcher X keeps launching the wrong application!
    We've found this symptom in a few cracked/pirated versions of Launcher X. These versions appear to have a corrupt code base. Please be aware that we DO NOT take any responsibility for any loss of data to your handheld that may result from cracked versions of Launcher X running on your device. Try downloading a legitimate version from this website.
  14.    #14  
    Yup - this was purchased. I am not sure if it is a Launcher X problem anymore though, because my Treo is starting to act up with some of my other programs too.

I have loaded and deleted so many programs/demos that I am not sure what is causing my problems. Is there a program I can load that gives a really clear look at what files/programs I have loaded so I know which ones I can delete?

I use "Filez" but sometimes I have made the mistake of deleting stuff I should not have.

Thanks.
    The best thingo for you to do is:

1. Hard Rest your unit

2. Rename your Backup folder to Backup2 etc.

3. Install your apps one by one and see which one(s) is/are causing the problem.

Yup - this was purchased. I am not sure if it is a Launcher X problem anymore though, because my Treo is starting to act up with some of my other programs too.

I have loaded and deleted so many programs/demos that I am not sure what is causing my problems. Is there a program I can load that gives a really clear look at what files/programs I have loaded so I know which ones I can delete?

I use "Filez" but sometimes I have made the mistake of deleting stuff I should not have.

Thanks.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
    Is it possible to adjust the icon size of the apps to small as you can with the built-in Applications app?
    Originally posted by visorprismman
    Hey,

I have a visor prism and Launcher X did not work with my 8mb flash module like I wanted it to.
    LauncherX is meant for Palm VFS-compatible devices/expansion cards. You shouldn't have any problem with LX "seeing" programs that are on your module, but you wouldn't be able to use the "card tools" in LX. The flash module doesn't use the VFS file structure.

On the other hand, access to/from the flash module is MUCH faster than to/from a SD card.

I use Launcher III, Filez, and FileMover to do just about everything on my Deluxe that LauncherX will do on my m125.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Originally posted by copernicus
    Is it possible to adjust the icon size of the apps to small as you can with the built-in Applications app?
    you can with Launch'Em. also, change number of colums of icons, get rid of word labels or view as list...
    My apologies.