1.    #1  
    I love Snappermail but one thing that drives me crazy is the connection problem. It almost always follows these steps when I go to connect to my own server to check email (so it's not a Sprint mail server problem):

1. The Treo shows the double grey bars, which I believe means it thinks it's connected to the network.
    2. I try to connect to my mail server but Snappermail times out saying mail could not be reteived.
    3. I repeat the connection and on the third time it brings up the window saying the treo is connecting to the Sprint network.
    4. Finally, the mail is retrieved.

So, what's going on here? Why does it take Snappermail three times to trigger a request to connect to the Sprint network?

Thanks for any help.
    Dont let the grey arrows fool you. Your conection with Sprint may have your treo thinking its online but the server has you as off. So if you disconect then go to get/send mail it will log you on. Bet that works if Sprint let's you sign on.
  3.    #3  
    I can understand that the treo may actually not be logged on, but why should it always take Snapermail 3 tries to figure out that it isn't connected and to reinitiate the connection?
    Sprint has been having trouble with their network in some cities, but not others, the past several days. Not a SnapperMail problem.

- Rich
  5.    #5  
    Sorry, but I've had Snappermail for almost two months, including the latest update and it has always done this.

Maybe its a treo OS issue, when an application asks for a connection the treo is not smart enough to know that it isn't actually connected? Or does the application need to determine that the connection is not there?
    I've been running SnapperMail on my Treo 300 for over a month, and it has been rock-solid. No problem like what you describe.

- Rich
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Originally posted by philipgood
    Sorry, but I've had Snappermail for almost two months, including the latest update and it has always done this.

Maybe its a treo OS issue, when an application asks for a connection the treo is not smart enough to know that it isn't actually connected? Or does the application need to determine that the connection is not there?
    Mine has does the same thing. It is annoying. Will Lau is it a snapper problem?
    Grace & Peace,

utey
    I will say again. Its a Sprint problem. The Sprint server is letting your treo think it is conected when its not. So when the Snapper goes to get mail the treo tells snapper its online when its not. So if Snapper thinks its online cuz the treo told it that cuz that's what the SPRINT SERVER told the treo. So the Sprint server is the trouble. I don't even have Snapper and can tell you that's what is wrong.
    Originally posted by BADFLHT
    I will say again. Its a Sprint problem. The Sprint server is letting your treo think it is conected when its not. So when the Snapper goes to get mail the treo tells snapper its online when its not. So if Snapper thinks its online cuz the treo told it that cuz that's what the SPRINT SERVER told the treo. So the Sprint server is the trouble. I don't even have Snapper and can tell you that's what is wrong.
    I would tend to agree... from recent experiences it's much easier to believe that Sprint is having yet more Vision problems... where Will Lau is on top of things with SnapperMail (i.e. he addresses problems and fixes them if they exist). Sprint acts like they don't know what you're talking about most of the time...
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    My problem sounds like a SnapperMail problem.

I have 3 accounts setup and this happens 80% of the time. It checks the first one fine, then checks the 2nd account halfway through, then disconnects from Vision and I have to cancel the mail retreival.