Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Hi.

The following is my review and update to the Bellagio Designs Treo Case.

I just received the Bellagio Designs case for my Treo today. First impression is that it is a more attractive design than the Incipio case. The convertible nature of the case is a little odd because you have to find a way to keep that little hook piece handy if you want it to use the case without the front. I figure you make the decision on day 1 whether you go with the convertible - holster style or go with the full cover.

Either, the darn thing does not really fit. This case was not designed for the Treo 300, it was designed for the others. In fact, Jeanette from Bellagio acknowledged this issue and said that they were working on another case but wasn't sure when it would be available.

More importantly, there was another huge flaw in the case design and that was the metal stud on the back of the case that is designed to go into the swivel clip. Well, it's not the standard size, so my entire purpose was shot. Oh, right, I haven't told you my purpose for buying the case... The purpose was simply to have a convenient way of placing the Treo on or by my PC monitor at the office. I don't use it for calls while at work, but I have it set up to send a SMS when I get e-mails to my home e-mail account. A cradle was another option and would have accomplished my goal, but I decided to get a case with a post that would allow me to stick a clip to my monitor and hand the phone off of that. Well, the darned metal stud is much smaller than the average cell phone style one, so I called Bellagio and arranged for the return of the case.

I checked online and read all the case reviews on TreoCentral and realized that for my purpose, there was really nothing that would work. All I wanted to do was to have a convenient way of hanging my phone off the monitor and being able to do the same in the car.

AHHH.... lightbulb goes off - I'll make this case work! So I cut a small slit in the back of the case and pulled the old metal stud out and inserted a standard plastic stud in its place (with the requisite amount of glue!). I don't have a picture, but it looks almost like it could have come this way and now it will work just like I had hoped. The new plastic stud is super secure (every bit as secure as the original).

Hope someone out there finds this useful.

Good night all.

-Michael
    Originally posted by msgott
    The new plastic stud is super secure (every bit as secure as the original).
    You may find out the hard way (as I did).. that plastic studs break. Not IF, but WHEN.