1.    #1  
    Best Buys in Austin ,Texas (don't know if the sales are nation wide or not) had the Treo300 for $299 several weeks ago. $499-$150 Best Buy rebate, $50 form sprint for new cusotmers.

Now it's $249. $499-$200 instant off, $50 for new Sprint account.

This is a very good deal IMO. Regards,Matt Burkhard
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 02/09/2003 at 09:15 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Still on sale for that price as of 2/09/03...gotta like it
    Regards,Matt Burkhard
    Sprint PCS stores will match the Best Buy price. In fact when I bought my 300 this week they actually matched the $249 price, so when I add in the $50 rebate and the $85 credit they gave me for renewing a one year contract I am at about $125 out the door.
    Originally posted by plenow
    Sprint PCS stores will match the Best Buy price. In fact when I bought my 300 this week they actually matched the $249 price, so when I add in the $50 rebate and the $85 credit they gave me for renewing a one year contract I am at about $125 out the door.
    Since they gave you an "instant rebate" doesn't that mean you won't qualify for the mail-in rebate? But then again, I doubt the department that processes the mail-in rebate even knows about the instant rebate.

BTW, where can I find the mail-in rebate forms from SprintPCS? The one I picked up had a start date later than when we purchased a new phone.

Thanks.
    Is this for new or existing customers?
    As long as you add a new line you can get the rebate. I have no phones currently under contract so I added a new line with the Treo, I will switch the phone number from my existing phone, that way I get the rebate and keep my old phone number on the new Treo
    Not necessarily. The Sprint store I went to wouldn't. No matter. I ended up OK by getting Circuit City to beat the price (110% "price-matching").

Scott
    As long as you add a new line you can get the rebate. I have no phones currently under contract so I added a new line with the Treo, I will switch the phone number from my existing phone, that way I get the rebate and keep my old phone number on the new Treo
    I'm not clear on how this would work. Wouldn't you have to keep your original month-to-month line (which now would have the new phone number) active until the rebate got processed? So, you'd end up paying for at least an extra month's service (if not more - rebates usually take longer than a month).

My deal was that I got Circuit City to price-beat Best Buy's price, bringing the cost to $280. They didn't activate it in the store, so I was able to bring it home and activate it with my existing number. I had previously convinced Sprint (over the phone) to give me an $100 phone upgrade credit and a free month of service. So, I don't expect to get the rebate to process, but I may send it in anyway.

Scott
    Hey Guys,

I was pretty upset to find out that the best buy deal has ended. I was on vacation and was going to come home and buy the treo from best buy but now the deal has ended. Can you still go to ciruit city and get a price match? If so what do you have to show them?

Thanks