1.    #1  
    has anyone tried using the 300 with groupwise to obtain their email? any thought comparison with the new tungsten w?
    Originally posted by sparkky
    has anyone tried using the 300 with groupwise to obtain their email? any thought comparison with the new tungsten w?
    I use Groupwise at work and sync to my Treo. But I had to purchase Intellisync ($69.95) to do it - Groupwise support doesn't come in the box. What's odd is that my previous phone - a Sprint Touchpoint 3000 - synced fine with my local copy of Outlook (which was configured to talk with the Groupwise server). The TP 3000 has stripped down Palm software. The Outlook Conduit that comes with the Treo couldn't do that.
    Peter Campbell * www.krazy.com
  3.    #3  
    whoops. i meant to say remote access to groupwise. i have intellesync for hotsynching. but I am looking into access to our groupwise accounts via the web when we're not connected to the cradle using the web browser.

thank you for your reply!
    whoops. i meant to say remote access to groupwise. i have intellesync for hotsynching. but I am looking into access to our groupwise accounts via the web when we're not connected to the cradle using the web browser.
    I've had no luck connecting to Groupwise WebAccess 5.5 using Blazer, Eudora, or Xiino. I don't know if 6.0 is any better - I think it supports WAP, though, so it's likely.

I just installed and will likely pay for Tapmail, a bare-bones email client that does IMAP. Groupwise is hideous over POP, because POP can't distinguish between Groupwise messages, appointments, and tasks, so you have to sift through a lot of unreadable things to find your messages. IMAP connects to a folder, so it's much cleaner. There are other choices besides Tapmail (see the huge email thread, still going here), but it seemed to me that the feature-rich email apps all lack IMAP support...
  5.    #5  
    I should be working not troubleshooting for a device I have not bought. But here's what I've found. You can use groupwise 6 to access your account, but you need a clipping application and something called a palm query application ("pqa")

here's the download for the pqa. at the very bottom
    http://webaccess.novell.com/

and here's the instructions: http://www.its.niu.edu/its/Groupwise/pdf/Vol2.pdf

I wonder if someone who has the treo may try this out and see if it works.

regards,
    katherine
    Ah, but I'm not on Groupwise 6 and I'm not running PQA's (too much of a pain - there are Wap interfaces to most useful sites). the IMAP solution suits me.
  7.    #7  
    what does your email mean in plainspeak? i am not a techie per se. only an arm chair one.

thank you,
    katherine
    what does your email mean in plainspeak? i am not a techie per se. only an arm chair one.
    Simply that, instead of accessing Groupwise Webaccess on my Treo, I download my email in a traditional email appllication. While there are a lot of these for the Palm OS (Eudora and Snappermail are two of the more popular ones), most connect to the Groupwise server using the "POP" method. Groupwise works better with the less common "IMAP" method. I'm doing that with a Palm Email program called TapMail (go to www.palmgear.com and search for tapmail).

To use Tapmail (or any Palm email program), you just need to know your email server's name. That's probably whatever you type into the web page as the server address (such as "smtp.yourcompany,com" or "mail.yourcompany.com".
  9.    #9  
    excellent! thank you. I will look into this.