1.    #1  
    I'm trying to set up Snappermail to check my SprintPCS mail on my Treo300, but it keeps timing out. I just got this thing last night. Last night I was able to set it up to check my home ISP account.

For the Incoming POP settings:
    POP3 Server: pop.sprintpcs.com
    Username: my username without @sprintpcs.com
    Password: my password. I also used the same password on the Sprint site where you can check email.

Outgoing Mail:
    SMTP Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com
    Username: same as above
    Password: same as above

I have also tried leaving the Outgoing mail username and password blank. The log says Account1 timeout. Failed to connect to smtp.sprintpcs.com.

I have a good, strong connection to Vision.

Any suggestions???
    Sprint e-mail is notoriously unreliable and this sounds like a Sprint problem. You might want to visit the Snappermail fourm on Yahoo and well as check out their support database for tips and tricks regarding SprintPCS e-mail configuration.

Snappermail works great for me but I connect to my corporate servers.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Maniac8888
    Sprint e-mail is notoriously unreliable and this sounds like a Sprint problem. You might want to visit the Snappermail fourm on Yahoo and well as check out their support database for tips and tricks regarding SprintPCS e-mail configuration.

It's strange that you can do a search on "snappermail" at http://groups.yahoo.com and it does return 1 link. However, if you click on the link, Yahoo says that group doesn't exist.
    Sprint was pretty nasty yesterday. In some areas the SMTP was down, but not only was this glitch bringing down just their SMTP, it brought down PORT 25 access which ruled out connecting to just about every SMTP you can use.

-W
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
  6.    #6  
    After spending 45 minutes on hold, I got a problem ticket entered with Sprint on Saturday. Today I can send and receive from my SprintPCS email account. They had to update their smtp server.

Brad