Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 672
  1. #561  
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE


    Two options here:

    1. A free utility BUT requires TAKEphONE to make the call.
    Similar to today, only you will not have to have the PHONE button assigned to TAKEphONE.
    Pressing the PHONE button when there is a highlighted number will launch TAKEphONE to dial, if no number highlighted - the built-in dialer will popup.

    2. A utility to work even if no TAKEphONE exists on the device.
    This will cost money. $9.95 sounds fair ?
    1. Sounds good.
    2. Fair. I'm in.

    Either one is okay by me.
    Last edited by elysian9; 02/11/2004 at 05:37 PM.
  2. jhetzel's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #562  
    Shimon -

    I just wanted to say your effort on TAKEphONE is outstanding and it is really a great application. I am so glad that I purchased it long ago. The Treo 600 improvements are fantastic!

    Hopefully I won't be flamed for my ignorance on this, but what prompted me to write this is that I read another thread on TC about the Treo 600 being capable of sending DTMF tones and I thought, "wouldn't it be great if TAKEphONE could send DTMF when I am in my office and dial the Treo when mobile...." Since I never needed the feature before I never realized that you integrated support for your DTMF dialer TeleTone. After I read the documentation (my bad) I realized that this is possible.

    So now when I am in my office, I set my location to WORK which invokes TeleTones for dialing I use use the calling card feature and rules to invoke the appropriate dialing scripts like dialing 9 to get an outside line or dialing our own special VPN codes to reach extensions in our ovesea offices. In just a few minutes the value of TAKEphONE has doubled for me. I will be registering TeleTones shortly. Just wait till I wow the people at work when I wave my Treo over the speakerphone to dial the conference center phone number and access codes....

    Thanks Shimon!
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

    Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  3. #563  
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE


    Two options here:

    1. A free utility BUT requires TAKEphONE to make the call.
    Similar to today, only you will not have to have the PHONE button assigned to TAKEphONE.
    Pressing the PHONE button when there is a highlighted number will launch TAKEphONE to dial, if no number highlighted - the built-in dialer will popup.

    2. A utility to work even if no TAKEphONE exists on the device.
    This will cost money. $9.95 sounds fair ?
    For me, I like option #2 but ideally you should have both and let the buyer choose. Thanks!
  4. #564  
    Shimon, at last asolution... why don't you include it in TAKEphONE when buying it (like you did with TKDialer) and if someone wants to buy it seperatly they can...
  5. #565  
    Hey JHETZEL, Can you explain what you are talking about?

    DTMF etc...please
    The Toad
  6. jhetzel's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #566  
    Originally posted by toadmanor
    Hey JHETZEL, Can you explain what you are talking about?

    DTMF etc...please

    DTMF are the tones used to dial touch tone phones. TeleTones is a program that Shimon created that allows a Palm device to emit these tones in connection with TAKEphONE or as a standalone program.

    What this means is you can pick your landline phone up, hear the dial tone, place your Treo 600 up to the mouth piece and choose a number to dial. The Treo will then emit the appropriate tones for each number and the call will go through. This should work with any phone including payphones. What makes this even handier is the fact that TAKEphONE allows to configure a calling card number or other access numbers which means you can automate the dialing of a long sequence of numbers including pauses.


    TeleTones
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

    Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  7. #567  
    Thanks JHETZEL. I will get teletones and use this feature.

    My index finger will thank you as well...
    The Toad
  8. jhetzel's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #568  
    Originally posted by toadmanor
    Thanks JHETZEL. I will get teletones and use this feature.

    My index finger will thank you as well...
    There are some settings to configure in TAKEphONE to enable TeleTones. If you have any questions, just PM me.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

    Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  9. #569  
    Hi Shimon,

    I just tried the TeleTones, and it is great... will have to buy it soon. I was wondering if an option can be put into TakePhone that will allow you to DTMF a number instead of Beaming it. I have beamed numbers exactly 0 times. (Treo 600). However DTMF, would be great, As I wouln't need to constantly switch profiles.

    Also, i have noticed that you can only switch profiles in the main screens, and not in the detail screens. Once I am on the detail screen do I remember to want to DTMF, and not use the Treo Dialer.

    Any thoughts on that?
    Visit my site <a href="http://amler.com"> Amler.com</a>
  10.    #570  
    Originally posted by Splezunk
    Hi Shimon,

    I just tried the TeleTones, and it is great... will have to buy it soon. I was wondering if an option can be put into TakePhone that will allow you to DTMF a number instead of Beaming it. I have beamed numbers exactly 0 times. (Treo 600). However DTMF, would be great, As I wouln't need to constantly switch profiles.

    Also, i have noticed that you can only switch profiles in the main screens, and not in the detail screens. Once I am on the detail screen do I remember to want to DTMF, and not use the Treo Dialer.

    Any thoughts on that?
    This is a GREAT idea, I will certainly consider this.

    In fact - I was struggling the same issue with my good old Tungsten-T - wanting to switch between dialing my cellular via Bluetooth, and dialing at home using the BeamDial device.

    BeamDial is an IR dialer connected to my landline. I point my Palm to it and beam a number from TAKEphONE, and it dials it.
    Sounds a bit clumsy, but it works like a charm, and is VERY comfortable !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  11. jhetzel's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #571  
    Originally posted by Splezunk
    I was wondering if an option can be put into TakePhone that will allow you to DTMF a number instead of Beaming it. I have beamed numbers exactly 0 times. (Treo 600). However DTMF, would be great, As I wouln't need to constantly switch profiles.

    Also, i have noticed that you can only switch profiles in the main screens, and not in the detail screens. Once I am on the detail screen do I remember to want to DTMF, and not use the Treo Dialer.

    It would be great to make the BEAM button behave like the MENU button on the Dial/Create screen expcept give the option to Beam, or Dial via a Location Profile.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

    Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  12. #572  
    When I highlight a number in my memo pad and then press the phone button (launching Takephone) nothing happens - how do I dial the highlighted number? What am I missing?
  13. #573  
    The other program TAKEphONE OS-5 extensions need to be enabled from the menu to use the function.
  14. #574  
    Thanks dl - the link is here -

    http://www.shsh.com/downloads/tkphos5hk.zip
  15. #575  
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE


    Two options here:

    1. A free utility BUT requires TAKEphONE to make the call.
    Similar to today, only you will not have to have the PHONE button assigned to TAKEphONE.
    Pressing the PHONE button when there is a highlighted number will launch TAKEphONE to dial, if no number highlighted - the built-in dialer will popup.

    2. A utility to work even if no TAKEphONE exists on the device.
    This will cost money. $9.95 sounds fair ?
    Hi Shimon,

    Either option is fine for me.

    1) I have takephone so this would work great for me.
    2) This would be great for me friends who dont have takephone, but I think that if they dont have it... they should.

    ... Please let us know when it is available for download

    Once this happens... for me at least... this programwill be perfect

    -Mike
  16. #576  
    Originally posted by TAKEphONE


    This is a GREAT idea, I will certainly consider this.

    In fact - I was struggling the same issue with my good old Tungsten-T - wanting to switch between dialing my cellular via Bluetooth, and dialing at home using the BeamDial device.

    BeamDial is an IR dialer connected to my landline. I point my Palm to it and beam a number from TAKEphONE, and it dials it.
    Sounds a bit clumsy, but it works like a charm, and is VERY comfortable !
    Any new features allowing us to quickly use teletones through the TakePhone interface would be really ueful to me.

    I think I'm a little late to the game, but I've just discovered how easy it is to use DTMF tones with the Treo600 to dial numbers through my office phone. If I could do that quickly using the Takephone interface, that would a good addition.
  17. #577  
    Shimon, I wanna go back to a different subject. When getting a voicemail, and having TP handling it, the ringer sound doesn't work. It is very important that it should.
  18. #578  
    I couldn't quite get it clear whether TakePhone will work if you sync with Outlook. I don't use the Palm desktop application, I just sync the Treo with Outlook using PocketMirror.

    I have not installed any additional address books on the 600.
    Will Take Phone work syncing with Outlook and the default 600 address book?
    AirJesus.com
    "A Website to Lift The Soul"
  19. #579  
    Yes, TakephONE uses the built in address book which syncs with Outlook via PocketMirror
  20. #580  
    Here's a dumb question after I've been using TP for months - is there a redial on it?

Posting Permissions